Tennessee Best Place, No surprise

VolBeef88

Vols Top SI On Campus List of College Football Weekends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/16/2004

SEC PhotoViewer Archive

The University of Tennessee is the No. 1 place to be for college football games, according to this week's edition of Sports Illustrated On Campus.
The magazine's editors set out to create a definitive list of the top 25 college game-day experiences to be a part of on any given Saturday. Tennessee is recognized by the publication as a place where fans are notoriously loyal, six-digit crowds are in attendance and there is plenty of local color, with the Fanta-flavored scene much like the line in Rocky Top -- "Wild as a mink but sweet as soda pop."

For this week's cover story, SI On Campus used a scoring system that rates schools on a 10-point scale in six categories: Atmosphere; Student Section; Fan Loyalty; Iconic Significance; In-Game Traditions; and Extracurriculars.

The Sept. 16 issue of SI On Campus, which is inserted in and distributed at no cost to students via school newspapers on more than 70 campuses nationwide, features on its cover a diehard UT fan with a cover line that reads, "Best College Football Weekends."

The top 25 college football weekends are located at:

1. Tennessee
2. LSU
3. Texas A&M
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Alabama
8. Georgia
9. Wisconsin
10. West Virginia
11. Ohio State
12. Army
13. Nebraska
14. Auburn
15. Texas
16. Clemson
17. Oregon
18. Penn State
19. Iowa
20. Florida State
21. Washington
22. Ole Miss
23. South Carolina
24. Michigan
25. Montana

SI On Campus is dedicated solely to college athletics and the sports interests of college students. The publication is distributed at more than 70 major universities throughout the school year, generating a circulation of 1 million readers between the ages of 18-24. The 28-page publication is distributed at no cost to students up to 12 times each semester (24 times per school year), primarily every Thursday of each school week.

© 2004 SEC and Host Communications. All rights reserved worldwide. Click here for our Privacy Policy.
Server monitoring provided by HostGuardian. Edit-X - Content Management Systems
Cross CountryGolfGymnasticsSoccerSwimming and DivingTennisTrack and FieldVolleyball

hell in auburn we broke 87 and set a record made it home to hear you guys broke 109 Jordan-Hare was flat out rockin.I cant imagine the 109+ after the kick!! :peace:

Originally posted by TigersTalons@Sep 19, 2004 7:52 PM
hell in auburn we broke 87 and set a record made it home to hear you guys broke 109 Jordan-Hare was flat out rockin.I cant imagine the 109+ after the kick!! :peace:

It was crazy...from what I remember. ;) (just kidding).

All I know is that when it was all said and done I think three people spilled drinks on me. Of course it was worth it though.

Originally posted by TigersTalons@Sep 19, 2004 6:52 PM

Come on up October 2nd and you can live it first hand !!! :lolup: :pepper: :lolup:

Hope you Tigers can take it better than some Gators !! :eek: ;)

Attachments

• noisyneyland.jpg
    noisyneyland.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
I might actually have to go watch a UT game. I have an excuse because my uncle got a job as head of finance at the Gibson guitar factory over in Nashville.

VN Store

Back