Tennessee Commit

Tnvolfan68

Look for an anouncement this afternoon the Jeff Cottam will sign with Tennessee. He is Brad's "little Brother"

Hmm, think that we will ever get back to using the TE? Or will we continue to use them as OL now? Jason Witten was a huge part of our offense when he was here.

i think i saw the first pass to the tight end during the aburn game all year. i knnow witten is hard to replace but come on!!

good game. bad officials.

t. brown, you picked a hell of a game to drop some key passes and can someone go wake up our defense, please?

where was our "jungle karma"?

bring on the aggs!!

I see this new TE becoming an O-lineman 6'7 and runs a 4.8 thats slow and plus I saw his stats from his junior year he had 15 catches for 200 yards? I would say future O-lineman!

Originally posted by Vols4life@Dec 6, 2004 12:23 PM
I see this new TE becoming an O-lineman 6'7 and runs a 4.8 thats slow and plus I saw his stats from his junior year he had 15 catches for 200 yards? I would say future O-lineman!

Figures, I want a TE that can run and catch the ball. It is very effective in certain situations. I also think that Corey Anderson could be bigger part of our offense in the future. He is a great blocker though.

Actually from what I have been reading on other boards. He is more Whitten like. 6-7 25 and has been clocked at 4.62 in the forty and has great hands. Look for two TE sets with him and Brad they both can catch the ball and is one primary reson He is coming to Tennessee.

I was over at my fathers house watching the Va Tech vs Miami game (he is a hokie) and I would kill to have Techs tight ends. Those guys are big play after big play. Tech uses them too. Two tight end sets can be very effective when used right.

Originally posted by Tnvolfan68@Dec 6, 2004 11:35 AM
Actually from what I have been reading on other boards. He is more Whitten like. 6-7 25 and has been clocked at 4.62 in the forty and has great hands. Look for two TE sets with him and Brad they both can catch the ball and is one primary reson He is coming to Tennessee.

I got my info from rivals and scout... my bad he did run a 4.6 so maybe he just might be a TE after all :question:

Scout

rivals

Cottam will be a TE not an O-Lineman, How can you use the TE when all either stay hurt or in trouble?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Dec 6, 2004 12:00 PM
Hmm, think that we will ever get back to using the TE? Or will we continue to use them as OL now? Jason Witten was a huge part of our offense when he was here.

JW was a special player. Big man (ask any BAMA safety) who had great hands (ask any SEC safety) and blazing speed (ask any Michigan safety).

He is in a class by himself.

Witten caught the onside kick that allowed the Cowboys to retain possession and drive for the game winning TD in tonight's game against Seattle.

VN Store

Back