Tennessee Drill

illvol

Eternal optimist
I read on TOS, "Once again, Butch Jones quickly challenged his team's physicality with a number of one-on-one physical challenges in the 'Tennessee Drill."

What is the "Tennessee Drill"?

Some people call it the Oklahoma drill. O-lineman vs. d-lineman, Rb and Qb. Qb snaps the ball (sometimes with a center sometimes not) and hands off to the Rb. O-lineman tries to block the d- lineman. D-lineman tries to shed the block and make the tackle. It's run between 2 pads that define the "hole" the Rb is suppose to run through. Sometimes it is expanded to include 2 o-lineman vs. a d-lineman and linebacker. Could be expanded further, but usually it's a 1 vs. 1 drill for the big men.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 4 people
Got it...thanks. I saw some of that work on the practice video but wasn't sure if that's what it was. It's great to hear some freshman were holding their own.

"Folger called for Antonio “Tiny” Richardson to go against him. Tiny’s response: :nono: “You ain’t ready for me. Take the freshman, boy.” LOL Best quote in a long time. Love it.

I miss having a coach that could talk about Tennessee football like Fulmer could.

"Folger called for Antonio “Tiny” Richardson to go against him. Tiny’s response: :nono: “You ain’t ready for me. Take the freshman, boy.” LOL Best quote in a long time. Love it.

I don't even know where to start.

gJwIP7t.png

The fact that he looks like this guy from Super Troopers:

daniel_von_bargen_super_troopers.jpg

Or, for challenging a guy with 90lbs on him and is probably a future 1st Round selection in a 1v1... his aptly chosen major.

VN Store

Back