Tennessee Orange Paint code

Aidenous

Ok I've seen an older post about this but wanted to get an updated one. I have tried going to several Home Depots, Lowes and Sherwin Williams and they cannot or just plain don't know about the correct orange paint. Someone suggested give them the PMS or pantone number but they have no clue how to use that. I have an older Home Depot brochure that has the college and pro colors but they could not look it up. Said now you need to use a pro team color that is similar. Well I'm picky and want the correct match. Anyone have any suggestions or have paint they have bought with the correct paint codes? Appreciate the help.

Reactions: 1 person
If Sherwin Williams can't match a pantone that's like the milkshake machine being broke at McDonald's. Nothing wrong with the machine, just the idiots using it.

Not saying I doubt you couldn't get it, just saying they can't do their job right.

Reactions: VolNExile
I just painted my game room this weekend. I used Sherwin Williams's "Kids Stuff". I'm not sure I could have gotten a matched color any better. It's pretty much perfect in satin, double coated.

If Sherwin Williams can't match a pantone that's like the milkshake machine being broke at McDonald's. Nothing wrong with the machine, just the idiots using it.

Not saying I doubt you couldn't get it, just saying they can't do their job right.

I'm a night shift guy so anytime I go to McDonald's I'm definitely not getting any soft serve. I found this on Reddit...

Former McDonalds on shift manager in charge of cleaning said machine. This machine is incredibly hard to keep up and running if you have no idea what you are doing. It turns off automatically around 11 pm. It turns back on in the morning about 4 am. From that time it is absolutely inpossible to get ice cream out because from 11-4 it heats up the mixture to keep it from spoiling. This "locks up" the machine.
Now on to cleaning. Once a month it will turn off for it to be cleaned. You cannot get ice cream out once this happens. Then someone must completely take it apart to clean it. If it is put back together improperly or not clean enough it will shut off after about an hour and you must clean it again. Most people have no idea what they are doing most of the time. If people don't do all of this correctly people don't get ice cream and it sucks....

I just painted my game room this weekend. I used Sherwin Williams's "Kids Stuff". I'm not sure I could have gotten a matched color any better. It's pretty much perfect in satin, double coated.

I also used the Kids Stuff and am very happy with it.

I think the color from Benjamin Moore is "Orange Juice"

Notice the paint color is 2017. Perhaps a sign 2017 is going to be our year??

Attachments

• IMG_5460.jpg
    IMG_5460.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
I'm a night shift guy so anytime I go to McDonald's I'm definitely not getting any soft serve. I found this on Reddit...

I worked at a TCBY waaaay back in the day and cleaning those machines, which I assume are a lot like McDonalds, is not difficult but sucks none the less. You have to soak most the parts in warm water for a while. Degrease the numerous O rings and then when you put it back together the entire thing needs some type of silicone lubricant on the internal parts. It's just tedious

SW SAYS they can’t generate any colors from CMYK OR RGB. If you take a sample, wet or dry, they can match. Pure silliness! HD AND LOWES next, or maybe I’ll just settle for BM OJ.

Reactions: 1 person
SW SAYS they can’t generate any colors from CMYK OR RGB. If you take a sample, wet or dry, they can match. Pure silliness! HD AND LOWES next, or maybe I’ll just settle for BM OJ.

Knoxville HDs have it.

Hmm... What if someone in the paint department of a Knoxville Home Depot could explain/convey the formula either directly to beachvol23 or a Sarasota HD?

OR, someone in K-town go to the local Home Depot for a sample of Tennessee orange get and photograph the formula, post the pic here. Viola.

Local Home Depot guy told me over the phone it's called "Tart Orange". I was going to ask the code but he had a very heavy Indian accent so I knew that wouldn't have gone well.

VN Store

Back