TENNESSEE POST-GAME QUOTES

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
TENNESSEE POST-GAME QUOTES
Defensive Coordinator John Chavis

On the game: “We expected to play well. Sometimes I think you get into some passive positions when you don’t. We really put some emphasis on that. We did and the players did and we expected to play well. I’m really proud of what they got done.”

On Tennessee DB Roshaun Fellows: “One of the biggest keys was getting Roshaun Fellows healthy. Our defense played well throughout the year but getting Roshaun healthy made a big, big difference and a big impact today.”

On the five turnovers: “We talked about it last night. Texas A&M had done a great job of taking care of the football all year. Coach Fran(chione) even mentioned it at the Big Play Luncheon that they only had eight turnovers. Our guys were bound and determined to get four. That’s what our goal was to go in this game and get four turnovers and we got five. I’m really happy with that. That was the mentality to go out and try make that happen.”

On the Vols offense today: “A lot of our success on defense you have to give our offense some credit because they kept the ball. I think on our offense we had one three-and-out. When you get time to rest and time to regroup, it’s a lot easier to play defense. When you have to play after three-and-outs, it’s not quite as easy. Our offense did a tremendous job. We wanted to get the shutout but holding them to seven points is a great feat for us. And again, you have to give our offense a lot of credit because they kept the ball.”

FS Jason Allen

On Tennessee DB Roshaun Fellows: “Roshaun has the potential to be one of the elite cornerback in the country. He’s just got to continue working hard, continue developing his skills. He definitely has the ability to be one of the elite corners in the country.”

On this game being one of Tennessee’s most complete games this year: “We knew it was going to happen. We wish it could have happened in our last game. But it happened today and it’s something to build on for next year. We have a lot of people coming back. We’re a young team. We’re looking forward to going into next season.”

QB Rick Clausen

On the season: “I’m just really happy the way things turned out, not only for myself but for the team. We got 10 wins and we got to come to Dallas. This is the first time we played together as an entire team. This is just going to jump start us for next year.”

On catching Texas A&M off guard with its passing attack in this game: “They knew we would try to come out and run the football but I don’t think they thought I would be able to get the ball to the receivers as well as I did early on. I’ve got to give a lot of credit to the receivers. They ran great routes. They made plays. They made people miss and they got yards. The running backs got yards; they got out in the routes. Our offensive line all year long has been so tremendous. I don’t think I got sacked today.”

LB Kevin Burnett

On what he expects from Tennessee next year: “I told them ‘Do not be satisfied’; think national championship every year. Don’t ever be satisfied with anything less than a national championship.”

On comparing this win to Tennessee’s win over Michigan in the 2002 Florida Citrus Bowl: “It’s close but I think I like this one because it’s more recent.”

On Tennessee’s team speed on defense: “We could see their players pulling. By the time they turned up, we were already in the backfield. I think our speed did play a factor but the biggest part was preparation.”

I agree with Rick, this seems like the first time that they really played like a team. I am so happy about this bowl win that I can't go to bed. I hope that they can build on this great effort in the off season.

I'm still excited too. I actually started the countdown to NEXT season yesterday!! Y'all have to help me keep it going, though.

I can't wait!! I will help you keep count. That will work out well with my obsessive compulsive disorder. :unsure:

I have NO doubt in my mind we could easily compete for a national title in the next two years. GO VOLS!

One of our DE's said "8 Turnovers all year, come to the SEC." or something to that effect,

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 2, 2005 1:10 AM
I can't wait!! I will help you keep count. That will work out well with my obsessive compulsive disorder. :unsure:

Glad I could help you out.

;)

Good to be a part of an all Vol site! Im looking forward to next years season already....GO VOLS!!!!

Originally posted by VolStripes'77@Jan 4, 2005 9:33 PM
Good to be a part of an all Vol site! Im looking forward to next years season already....GO VOLS!!!!

ME TOO!!!

:cheer:

la.lovesorange, we are gonna have to plan a hot-dog supper or something to get Freaky to come around more often.

:lol:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jan 4, 2005 11:10 PM
la.lovesorange, we are gonna have to plan a hot-dog supper or something to get Freaky to come around more often.

I know, I miss Freaky!!!!!!! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

LIO, the way you and Freaky get after eachother on this site, the VolNation is always a weenie roast.

:eek:

:huh:

<_<

:angry:

I can&#39;t be too mad. You&#39;re pretty much telling the truth.

But still....

:moon2:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jan 5, 2005 12:10 AM

Should you really mention a hot dog supper and the word freaky in the same sentence? Sorry I had to.

Let me go see if I can find the Nation&#39;s most famous thread, so you&#39;ll be in on it too.

Freak will kill me.

:eek:lol:

You don&#39;t have to that. I will live&#33; I have always been on the outside looking in anyway. ;)

FS Jason Allen

On this game being one of Tennessee’s most complete games this year: “ We knew it was going to happen. We wish it could have happened in our last game. But it happened today and it’s something to build on for next year. We have a lot of people coming back. We’re a young team . We’re looking forward to going into next season

sounds like is coming back for his senior season. :cross:

We&#39;ll all be praying he does&#33;

What a turnaround our defensive secondary should be from that at the start of this past season. We were VERY suspect, and now people are talking about having one of the best squads in years come 2005.

VN Store

Back