Tennessee Strength of Schedule Ranking

This is interesting, but the methodology is a bit off. It just uses last year's win percentages and applies it to this year's schedule as though team strength will remain the same.

In the SEC, objects will shift during flight. One or more of those strong teams from last year is going to get beat up on. One or two patsies is going to stand up and fight. Injuries and attrition can't be measured pre-season. Heart can't be measure pre-season.

I'd say the way our schedule is set up, no one in the SEC would take a straight-up trade right now. We have two brutal stretches of the sort that can absolutely wither a good football team.

Aug. 31 – Austin Peay
Sept. 7 – Western Kentucky
Sept. 14 – at Oregon
Sept. 21 – at Florida

Sept. 28 – South Alabama
Oct. 5 – Georgia
Oct. 19 – South Carolina
Oct. 26 – at Alabama

Nov. 2 – at Missouri
Nov. 9 – Auburn
Nov. 23 – Vanderbilt
Nov. 30 – at Kentucky

Reactions: 1 person
Its been tough for yrs now. Actually one of the underlying positives for this upcoming season. These upperclassman are use to the grind of really tough schedules so its gonna benifit us more than people give credit for it. May help counter other defiencies we have. Let's hope CBJ takes full advantage of the positives he was handed.

I've said it in the past, not many agree with me, but this D played hard last season and so they know what to expect. They may not have done very well on paper but they played hard against tough competition. These kids are ready for the grind that this schedule will bring. Without a doubt.

Go vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure I'd put UT's schedule behind LSU's in terms of difficulty. I know that UT doesn't play A&M, but UT's OOC is considerably tougher than LSU's.

Its been tough for yrs now. Actually one of the underlying positives for this upcoming season. These upperclassman are use to the grind of really tough schedules so its gonna benifit us more than people give credit for it. May help counter other defiencies we have. Let's hope CBJ takes full advantage of the positives he was handed.

I've said it in the past, not many agree with me, but this D played hard last season and so they know what to expect. They may not have done very well on paper but they played hard against tough competition. These kids are ready for the grind that this schedule will bring. Without a doubt.

Go vols!!!

I agree with you especially about the D. I think they played hard last year but where just not right for the 3-4 defense we played, But this year they are back to a 4-3 and I think they will play with a chip on their shoulder. I also think the fact our offense didn't look very good in the spring game is because our D was playing very well. I think both sides of the ball will surprise people this year.

This will be a whole different team this year.

It is annoying for Alabama, the best team, to have the easiest schedule.

But they do get Us and Ky not to mention Auburn Ms st Arkansas

UK is UK, but it's not Bama's fault UT is down right now. This schedule 10-15 years ago would look rather tough for Bama.

UK has a brutal schedule too. It will be interesting to see how both new coaches lead their teams through a really tough year.

Alabama has some tough games too, the west isn't a complete cupcake. A couple teams are down (Auburn and Arky) but they'll come back quick.

UK has a brutal schedule too. It will be interesting to see how both new coaches lead their teams through a really tough year.

Alabama has some tough games too, the west isn't a complete cupcake. A couple teams are down (Auburn and Arky) but they'll come back quick.

Yeah when Bielima starts bring down those big ol boys from WI for his lines its gonna be interesting. Always thought we needed to go up that way and bring down 1 or so every few yrs. Maybe he'll make it easier for other schools to convince them when they see friends and classmates having success.

Auburn with Malzhan isn't going to be a cakewalk either. Many on here act like auburn is easy based off of last year but they are in a way better position than we r. Right now I would give the edge, but beatable.

VN Store

Back