Tennessee up to #7 on Rivals

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
With the addition of Gerald Jones, Rivals has UT as the #7 recruiting class right now. Thoughts? Will some of those 3-star players end up being 4-star?

Also, it lists 19 commitments. Does that mean we have around 6 scholarships left? I ask because it seems we're on some short lists for more than 6 incredible players.

With the addition of Gerald Jones, Rivals has UT as the #7 recruiting class right now. Thoughts? Will some of those 3-star players end up being 4-star?

Also, it lists 19 commitments. Does that mean we have around 6 scholarships left? I ask because it seems we're on some short lists for more than 6 incredible players.

Will some of those 3-star players end up in the walk-on list? Seriously, I don't know if we have done this or not, can we kick some of them out even though they already accept the offers?

Rivals hasn't even added Gerald Jones into the team rankings. It still says UT has three 4-star recruits... when it says 4, then Gerald Jones has been added. UT should jump up a couple more spots after that happens.

We won't turn away commits, we may ask them to grayshirt though. Pulling their offer would give us a bad rep and hurt in future recruiting(especially instate). We will take more than 25. We will take 28-31 most likely. Some will be early enrollees and count towards last year and some may grayshirt.

Also, some of the 3*s should be 4*s but I don't know if it will happen. Coleman, Barnes, Evans, and R Williams should all be.

its 3:55 p.m. on the 29th of Nov. and were are now 6th on rivals. With a couple big pick-ups we could make top 5....GO VOLS

Armando Allen is committing on Friday and if we could some how land him, then we will jump even higher. I dont think this will happen though.

Rivals hasn't even added Gerald Jones into the team rankings. It still says UT has three 4-star recruits... when it says 4, then Gerald Jones has been added. UT should jump up a couple more spots after that happens.

I saw this morning before I posted. Why would I post it without checking the crap out first?

07 Class rated # 6 now....can someone tell me why Brent Vinson is not one of Rival's Top 100?

07 Class rated # 6 now....can someone tell me why Brent Vinson is not one of Rival's Top 100?
I could be completely wrong, but I think Rivals rates the prep players different from the high school players. Vinson is rated as the #2 prep player, right behind Graig Cooper who may also end up a Vol.

The Vols could move up but so could alot of programs. They need some more solid signees to stay in the top 10.

BTW, some of the real early recruits could be left as 3* for no other reason than the rating services show respect to who is recruiting a kid. If a recruit is so solid that everyone gives up on them... they might stay artificially low. One of the kids from FL that committed during the summer is apparently having a great year but won't give anyone else the time of day... he probably won't move up but might deserve to.

Vereen might fall into the same boat. I am mystified by the disparity in the 40 times listed for the guy by Rivals and Scout though. One has him over 4.5 and the other under 4.4.

I could be completely wrong, but I think Rivals rates the prep players different from the high school players. Vinson is rated as the #2 prep player, right behind Graig Cooper who may also end up a Vol.

Yeh they do the classifications different. There is a Top 50 for Prep-Schools and he is 2nd.

Am I looking at something wrong to see UT ranked as 4th behind Texas, Florida, and Georgia with one 5 star and 5 four-star players...over Auburn and USC now?

Keep in mind what that #1 rated recruiting class we had a couple of years ago did for us. We can get all the talent in here that we want but if the coaches don't develop the players we might as well hav the 100th rated class.

Keep in mind what that #1 rated recruiting class we had a couple of years ago did for us. We can get all the talent in here that we want but if the coaches don't develop the players we might as well hav the 100th rated class.

Utchatt meet Rexvol. Rexvol meet UTchatt.

Thanks....

Am I looking at something wrong to see UT ranked as 4th behind Texas, Florida, and Georgia with one 5 star and 5 four-star players...over Auburn and USC now?

I'm glad to see I was right about this. Let's keep bringing in this kind of talent ... we need some key players and some DEPTH!

VN Store

Back