Tennessee vs. USC Game Thread

How about that. We talk this thing up all week, and get into the top of the 1st only to have a rain delay.

Looks like it will be hit or miss with the rain. According to our pre-game show, Arik Hempy will not pitch if the rain delay is very long. They just don't want to chance him reinjuring himself (recovered from Tommy John surgery last year).

I wanted to go down there after the rain delay, but my roommates weren't down....damn. Hopefully tomorrow.

Vols get a base-hit with runners at 2nd and 3rd. Carolina's right fielder gunned down the 2nd runner.

With 2 outs in the 5th, Carolina leads 2-1.

It's a call to the bullpen for the Gamecocks. Jeffords replaces Hempy.

Thanks, orangehater. I thought I was going to have to rename this thread "the officially licenced thread of WCG" since I was making 90% of the posts.

I'm glad that Dish got a bomb. He's been quiet lately. As for Travis Jones, talk about a turn around since conference play began. He only had 3 HR's before SEC play, but now has 16 HR's on the season. What a pleasant surprise.

I wonder if Jeffords will finish this game.

It just hasn't been the same for me since Jon Coutilangus graduated.

Just pull for the Big Red Machine, and it'll be like ole times.

p.s. It's not "Cootylangus", just Coutlangus.

Attachments

• Coutlangus.jpg
    Coutlangus.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 13
Man... this is kinda sad actually.

:lolabove:

I guess you USC fans need a sport you can beat us in regularly to brag about! That's ok though, it isn't going to get my panties in a wad... UT baseball is hardly a big deal to most UT fans.

Man... this is kinda sad actually.

:lolabove:

I guess you USC fans need a sport you can beat us in regularly to brag about! That's ok though, it isn't going to get my panties in a wad... UT baseball is hardly a big deal to most UT fans.

If you had a clue, you would know that Carolina doesn't beat UT on a regular basis. We haven't won in Knoxville since 2001. I don't see any bragging in this thread. If you don't care about UT baseball, stay out of the baseball thread.

If you had a clue, you would know that Carolina doesn't beat UT on a regular basis. We haven't won in Knoxville since 2001. I don't see any bragging in this thread. If you don't care about UT baseball, stay out of the baseball thread.

My post was mostly directed at your beloved friend ihateorange. If you had any clue, you'd know that USC has faired better in baseball than in football and basketball recently. Sure they haven't beaten UT in Knoxville in awhile, but I didn't say IN Knoxville. In baseball, unlike football/basketball, the underdog has a better chance of pulling an upset (see some of UT's losses this year in baseball).

I only came here because I saw Mrs. Sidney Rice (aka Ihateorange) was posting here.. had to read up on what absurd USC statement he'd proclaim this time. I don't have any problem with you guys posting things like this or anything, but this isn't the "Let's all praise South Carolina" forum or thread, which it seem like it :p

Stay out of the baseball thread if you can't face reality. :whistling:

VN Store

Back