Tennessee's 2014 Football schedule is interesting

WoodstockVol

I think Tennessee will improve to 8-4 with losses to Oklahoma,Georgia,Florida and Alabama. Utah State is a tough opening game,They were 11-2 in 2012 and beat Air Force 52-20 yesterday.

Tennessee 2014 Football Schedule

Utah State
Arkansas State
@Oklahoma
@Georgia
Florida
UT-Chattanooga
@Ole Miss
Alabama
@South Carolina
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt

I think Tennessee will improve to 8-4 with losses to Oklahoma,Georgia,Florida and Alabama. Utah State is a tough opening game,They were 11-2 in 2012 and beat Air Force 52-20 yesterday.

Utah State
Arkansas State
@Oklahoma
@Georgia
Florida
UT-Chattanooga
@Ole Miss
Alabama
@South Carolina
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt

I'm not liking the pattern of playing two tough road games in a row in weeks 3 and 4. This year its at oregon then at florida. Next it's at Okla and then at UGA

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know man. Oklahoma doesn't have a good quarterback and they struggled hardcore against a mediocre West Virginia team. Stoops might be going the way of Mack Brown and Fulmer.

I don't know man. Oklahoma doesn't have a good quarterback and they struggled hardcore against a mediocre West Virginia team. Stoops might be going the way of Mack Brown and Fulmer.

I didn't say I didn't think we could beat OU. Depending on many factors, I think we will definitely compete with them next year (and possibly win).

I'm just saying I don't like 2 tough away games in a row that early in the season

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't say I didn't think we could beat OU. Depending on many factors, I think we will definitely compete with them next year (and possibly win).

I'm just saying I don't like 2 tough away games in a row that early in the season

It might be tough early considering only 1 starter from 2013 will be left on the 2014 Offensive line.

I could honestly see next year being a 3-5 win season, depending on how our freshmen/JUCO kids do. We lose our entire O and D lines, and our OOC schedule might be even tougher.

Plus, we play at Ole Miss, who will almost certainly be a top 25 team.

It might be tough early considering only 1 starter from 2013 will be left on the 2014 Offensive line.

Oh for sure, but Crowder and Wiesman look to be killing it in a backup role. Pair's been in the program for as long as Stone and James, and I'm sure people will step up and rise to the top like they always do.

We'll probably just have an okay O line next year instead of a top notch one.

I'd say by next year, we'll have figured out who our QB is going forward.

Utah State
Arkansas State
@Oklahoma
@Georgia
Florida
UT-Chattanooga
@Ole Miss
Alabama
@South Carolina
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt

I'm really excited about playing Oklahoma, win or lose. I don't mind the home/away set up. Georgia and Bama will be tough of course, and who really knows about SCjr??? Scary opening game, especially if UT isn't very good this year. If UT can have a solid line next year they could be very good (9-3 max tho).

You all actually talking about next season already? Damn, we haven't even had the first frost of the season and your talking about NEXT SEASON!!???

Reactions: 4 people
i hate the strong mid major games teams. oklahoma yay a cupcake yay a team like wku or usu that gives us very little and is not an assured win is just puzzling

Last edited:
i hate the strong mid major games teams like oklahoma yay a cupcake yay a team like wku or usu that gives us very little and is not an assured win is just puzzling

At least in 2015 Oklahoma plays in Neyland and the OOC schedule is easier with UAB,UConn and North Texas.

Utah State
Arkansas State
@Oklahoma
@Georgia
Florida
UT-Chattanooga
@Ole Miss
Alabama
@South Carolina
Kentucky
Missouri
@Vanderbilt
2014? Let's enjoy (hopefully) 2013 first.

I could honestly see next year being a 3-5 win season, depending on how our freshmen/JUCO kids do. We lose our entire O and D lines, and our OOC schedule might be even tougher.

Plus, we play at Ole Miss, who will almost certainly be a top 25 team.

I can understand the arguments, but I disagree. While we do lose a lot of our lineman, we have some real promising prospects in the 2-deep right now. That said, every other position should be much improved. Our secondary will be in the top echelon of the SEC I'm convinced, our LB's should be great if Maggit and A.J. are still here adding Weatherd. Our WR's should be really, really good once North, Croom, Smith, etc have a season under their belts plus adding Lauderdale and Jackson. Hopefully by next season we have an established, decent QB whether that be Worley or a freshman. Lane backed by Hurd will should make for a great running game. I honestly think we might be even better.

In all fairness to the OP, the thread title does state 2014 schedule - so I think it's ok to discuss 2014.

You all actually talking about next season already? Damn, we haven't even had the first frost of the season and your talking about NEXT SEASON!!???

I was about to post the same thing.

Plus we're already talking about how OU isn't that good.

My goodness...

No, they will be released in a much more dignified manner.

VN Store

Back