Tennessee's 'mock game' Friday will cover several scenarios

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Jones said he wants to sit down with each quarterback individually before making the news public.

Junior Justin Worley appears to have led throughout the camp, and it would be a major surprise if any of the other three quarterbacks — redshirt freshman Nathan Peterman, true freshman Riley Ferguson or true freshman Josh Dobbs — were able to unseat him.

Tennessee's 'mock game' Friday will cover several scenarios » GoVolsXtra

Reactions: 1 person
ferguson, instead of spinach - have a Roast Beef & Smoked Cheddar on white W/ baked chips and an energy drink - for a heads up on the competition

Whoever is named the starter does not mean they can't be replaced by 2nd snap next Saturday.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Being named starter means he will play until the coach thinks he is not the best man for the job. Impossible for that to happen on the second snap, even if his first throw is a pick 6

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Being named starter means he will play until the coach thinks he is not the best man for the job. Impossible for that to happen on the second snap, even if his first throw is a pick 6

I think he may have been referring to an injury.

Listening to the podcast today was depressing as they were discussing quarterbacks. All they could say was Justin should get by default and has done nothing to lose the position but has not set himself apart from the freshmen. The freshmen while talented are freshmen and Peterman must be a nonfactor

They did go onto say defense should be solid not spectacular but solid except we have no pass rush rt now

Listening to the podcast today was depressing as they were discussing quarterbacks. All they could say was Justin should get by default and has done nothing to lose the position but has not set himself apart from the freshmen. The freshmen while talented are freshmen and Peterman must be a nonfactor

Peterman is very much a factor. But wouldn't surprise me if Ferguson is starting some point this season and from then on out. Sounds as if he is our future at QB.

Not so fast my friend

Off topic. Episode of TN Football Preview on Fox Sports South. At least on BTES cable. Hadn't seen this

QB situation reminds me of 2000 when Joey Matthews started 1st game then AJ Suggs then Casey took over for Alabama game and never looked back.

QB situation reminds me of 2000 when Joey Matthews started 1st game then AJ Suggs then Casey took over for Alabama game and never looked back.

It could be like that, but I hope it's not. Could be like Peyton's first year when we played 4 qb's ... but I hope it's not. :question:

I believe that our switch to a more run oriented offense is going to negate some of the fallout from losing Bray. We do have a good O-Line, so I think we may be better than people believe.

I know that people like to bring up how the O-Line didn't impress much as far as run blocking last year but in all honesty considering how much we threw the ball last year it wasn't like they had to do it all that often anyway. The move to a run oriented offense means that the O-Lineman will be better at run blocking, just because of repetition.

i think our pass rush will be better this year,more experience, more physically fit. Jordan williams,corey miller,and maybe a new comer like Carr or Jaylen miller will step up!

plus smith and vereen will be back in a couple weeks

GBO!!!!

I believe that our switch to a more run oriented offense is going to negate some of the fallout from losing Bray. We do have a good O-Line, so I think we may be better than people believe.

I know that people like to bring up how the O-Line didn't impress much as far as run blocking last year but in all honesty considering how much we threw the ball last year it wasn't like they had to do it all that often anyway. The move to a run oriented offense means that the O-Lineman will be better at run blocking, just because of repetition.

Remember the Mississippi State game? We pounded the ball down against them on that one drive.

Except for the fact that neither Matthews nor Suggs had even close to the talent of Worley or Peterman... its the same

VN Store

Back