Thank you to the Oregon fans (on here) and at the game today

Volstylexx

Carla's Brother
Just wanted to say thank you to the Oregon fans who posted on Volnation with suggestions on travel, etc before the game, and for the hospitality today while in Eugene.

I also really appreciated the fact that they started the game today by "Thanking our visitors from the University of Tennessee" over the loud speaker, and everyone stood and clapped for us. I was thoroughly impressed. Student section was a bit crass with their "SEC SEC SEC" and "We Want Bama" chants, but eh, that's students for you.

I was realistic about our odds before making a 2500 mile trip, so I'm not butthurt about the loss.

To all the Oregon fans who have been great to us, Thank you, and to all the vol fans, like myself, who are still traveling - safe travels back to wherever home is, and thank you for representing UT 2500 miles from home - with class and respect, and 6000 strong. Go Vols!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: 15 people
Yes didn't meet a single bad fan. Actually met a fan on flight and he invited me to his tailgate with food and drinks and showed us around campus. Awesome fan base and they couldn't stop mentioning how well we treated them in 2010

Thanks, it's been easy to like the Tenn fans and that makes it easy to be polite and helpful. Tenn fans represent themselves and the university well. As has been mentioned enjoy the rest of your trip and stay safe.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm still glad I came! It was a great experience! Wish the football would have matched it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
Tennessee fans were great. A guy at the beer garden today saw me eyeing his beer in the long line and said, "here, take a drink while you wait." Everyone was laughing their assess off.

Btw, I love the orange/white checkered board skirts with the cowboy boots on the lady Vols. Classy.

I second this thread. Thanks so much for your hospitality and tips on the site guys. Much appreciated.

Of course, I'm here until Wednesday so put up with me for a few more days if you will!

I have to admit during the first few drives you guys had me a little worried, but Tennessee fans are great. I was really impressed with how many people you guys showed up with. Everyone got along. Good luck the rest of the season. I'll personally be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
I have to admit during the first few drives you guys had me a little worried, but Tennessee fans are great. I was really impressed with how many people you guys showed up with. Everyone got along. Good luck the rest of the season. I'll personally be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. :hi:

The first few drives ... Good times, man. Good times.

Looking forward to the Ducks someday visiting Knoxville after Butch has gotten UT back to the level it used to enjoy in the football firmament.

Agree with this thread. Probably around 75-80% of the Duck fans were very polite and welcoming. Then there were the few who were, well you know. Rhymes with ticks. But they were drunk students so I won't base an entire fan base on a few bad apples. Thank you, Oregon for a fun time and making this guy feel welcomed. And thank you, Tennessee fans for showing up by the bunches. Goes to show how great our fan base is, even through the last few years of struggles.

Yes didn't meet a single bad fan. Actually met a fan on flight and he invited me to his tailgate with food and drinks and showed us around campus. Awesome fan base and they couldn't stop mentioning how well we treated them in 2010

Saying on the radio they were handing out doobs to the ut fans... Lol...

VN Store

Back