The #12 BasketVols vs NC State in a post Shabbat smack down Saturday Dec16th at 10pm.

I’m going to struggle in the second half.
Sleep is a tough opponent

(For the uneducated, Shabbat ends at sundown)
Sir, I didn't realize you were Jewish. Great to know,my friend. Being honest...

Yeah, I noticed the start time is 10 pm... What's up with that?

Sorry 😞 no insults in the Endzone.... I have failed miserably.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Wait, Slice is Jewish? This changes everything, especially the end zone!!

On a serious note, I asked my mom what to get my dad for Christmas. She said he's been wanting a star of David necklace, so Tiffany ordered him one. And Pennheel, Slice may not be able to catch fish like myself, but he's very intelligent in his religious studies.

On a serious note, I asked my mom what to get my dad for Christmas. She said he's been wanting a star of David necklace, so Tiffany ordered him one. And Pennheel, Slice may not be able to catch fish like myself, but he's very intelligent in his religious studies.
No one can catch fish like you do!

— Unless they have a rod and reel and bait, of course.

I could imagine so. That probably came out wrong on my end. Apologies if anyone was offended. I'm just fascinated in religion as well,and interesting to know who I communicate with.

Reactions: joevol33
He's a Levite! We shall blame him for stretchy fabric displacing true denim in blue jeans!!! 😡🔥

Reactions: vol445
@Orangeslice13, of what tribe are you? Something you posted awhile ago leads me to suspect not Judah...
Most tribal affiliation has been lost to history and most Jews simply do not know from which tribe they are a descendant of. Now I personally believe that only those of Judah are Jews and the rest of us are Hebrews….. that’s a very long discussion….i don’t often differentiate on here unless it’s part of an overall religious discussion where the distinction is important. My father’s would refer to us as Danik Hebrews so it’s my belief that they believe we descended from Dan.

Most tribal affiliation has been lost to history and most Jews simply do not know from which tribe they are a descendant of. Now I personally believe that only those of Judah are Jews and the rest of us are Hebrews….. that’s a very long discussion….i don’t often differentiate on here unless it’s part of an overall religious discussion where the distinction is important. My father’s would refer to us as Danik Hebrews so it’s my belief that they believe we descended from Dan.
If mikey didn’t fear you, he’d start calling you Dan in the ‘Zone. 😉

You’re fine.
We don’t get offended too often here.
The Woman Behind the Spit Take GIF Heard 'Round the Internet

Well, I bought a tree on Sunday, and we wrestled it inside yesterday...

What's a remembrance list? Is that like a Nixon enemies list? 🤪
No, that’s you tree Jeremiah says you’re not supposed to bring in the house. The Yuel log is a completely different pagan tradition that goes along with your Yuletide greetings and remembrance list. (Actually a pretty cool tradition).

Last edited:
The familiar custom of burning the Yule log dates back to earlier solstice celebrations and the tradition of bonfires. The Christmas practice calls for burning a portion of the log each evening until Twelfth Night (January 6). The log is subsequently placed beneath the bed for luck, and particularly for protection from the household threats of lightning and, with some irony, fire. Many have beliefs based on the yule log as it burns, and by counting the sparks and such, they seek to discern their fortunes for the new year and beyond. in addition a list of memories for things and loved ones past are made (both good and bad) the names are burned with the log as each item is considered. The good to be remembered fondly and to create a lasting memory. The bad to be brought to mind one last time and then put behind you forever.

Like I said, pretty cool little tradition.

VN Store

Back