The Atlanta Braves Thread

I workshopped this with my dad, and mentioned in the Mays thread, but I think there as 13 players (sports teams only, no Tiger, Serena, etc) that are “impeachable” where you cannot deny their on field legacy and are true icons of American culture. I respect this thread’s opinions so much I’m curious what y’all think (my Barry Sanders inclusion might be biased)

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
I workshopped this with my dad, and mentioned in the Mays thread, but I think there as 13 players (sports teams only, no Tiger, Serena, etc) that are “impeachable” where you cannot deny their on field legacy and are true icons of American culture. I respect this thread’s opinions so much I’m curious what y’all think (my Barry Sanders inclusion might be biased)

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
Shame on you for leaving Peyton Manning off that list.

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
F Lebron.

Probably the only name on the list id have an argument with, and its just because I just dont like him.

Wayne Gretzky
Joe Montana
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Ted Williams
Hank Aaron
Willie Mays

Pretty good list. How about Bird and Magic? The NBA was struggling with ratings until they came along. Their talent and rivalry took the NBA to another level. No denying their legacy from college and the NBA.

Pretty good list. How about Bird and Magic? The NBA was struggling with ratings until they came along. Their talent and rivalry took the NBA to another level. No denying their legacy from college and the NBA.
I agree. I’d also put Mantle and DiMaggio on the list. Barry Sanders and Bill Russell would have to come off. They were greats, but I don’t really see how you put them in the icon category with Ruth and Jordan.

VN Store

Back