The Atlanta Braves Thread

He is on another planet. He is consistently elite and has been for a long time. He is barreling towards 400 HRs, 700 doubles, 3,000 hits and a lifetime .300 average. Cant be many on that list.

I’ll never get over that one.
We had him for 10 years and he wanted to finish his career in California, you’ll get over it

uh no I don’t believe I will

I know me better than you know me PAL

and Freddie literally cryin like a baby for a year straight says otherwise chief
Buddy he wanted to go Cali a long with his wife im sure he still loves Atlanta but he didn’t love it enough to stay for the remainder of his career

Wasn't it over a 6th year ? FF and his agent wanted the additional year and the Braves wanted to stay at 5 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes
Freddie wanted to stay in Atlanta. Freddie’s agents did not think the Braves would let Freddie walk. Tried to milk an extra year from Braves, AA called bluff. Freddie left stunned.

Wasn't it over a 6th year ? FF and his agent wanted the additional year and the Braves wanted to stay at 5 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don’t think it was ever going to matter. These are folks who didn’t like winters in Atlanta because they thought it was cold.

I don’t think it was ever going to matter. These are folks who didn’t like winters in Atlanta because they thought it was cold.
Andrew Friedman said they were never a serious contender for Freddie Freeman until the Matt Olson trade.

He was never leaving Atlanta.

Andrew Friedman said they were never a serious contender for Freddie Freeman until the Matt Olson trade.

He was never leaving Atlanta.
I’ve read that too. A lot of things in that negotiation make no sense. If you do the math, it’s not like the Dodger contract was much different after tax.

I’ve read that too. A lot of things in that negotiation make no sense. If you do the math, it’s not like the Dodger contract was much different after tax.

Freddie felt like he wanted and earned six years and told his agent he wanted six years.

AA refused to back down from just 5 and his agents refused to back down from 6.

Fred (and his agents) thought that AA would eventually blink first and give the 6th year from outside pressure.

AA, because of the lockout, decided to not take a chance they wouldn't work it out and traded for Olson.

It was completely mishandled by everyone. Fred should have been here on a 6 year/$150M deal and if AA had reached out to Freddie or vice versa, it would have been done.

Reactions: Volfan1000
And it's hilarious AA gave 28 year old Sean Murphy a 7 year extension to be a part time catcher but wouldn't give 32 year old Freddie Freeman a 6th year. Just a ****ing goofball.

If FF really wanted to stay in Atlanta, he would’ve said yes to the 5 years. It was a reasonable offer and as GA said, he probably would’ve come out ahead on cost of living over LA anyway.

If FF really wanted to stay in Atlanta, he would’ve said yes to the 5 years. It was a reasonable offer and as GA said, he probably would’ve come out ahead on cost of living over LA anyway.

Maybe.

Meanwhile Fred has a 158 OPS+ since he left and Matt Olson is hitting below league average and we gave up prospects and more guaranteed money to do it. Once again, AA betting on the wrong horse.

Reactions: vols 30
I have absolutely zero clue what you do with the lineup right now...

Kelenic
Riley
Olson
Ozuna
Catcher
Rosario
Duvall
Nacho
Arcia

Good lads 6-9 is rough man.

No clue if the Rays would trade him, but I might see what I would have to give for Brandon Lowe. The durability is a major concern but he's adequate at 2B, he's LH but doesn't need a platoon partner and he does have a history of playing the OF in his career if Ozzie comes back for the stretch run. He has two team options in 2025 and 2026 for $10.5M and $11.5M so you can decline them if it doesn't work out or pick them up and trade him. But they need to up the offense.

Kelenic
Riley
Olson
Ozuna
Lowe
Catcher
Rosario/Duvall
Alvarez
Harris (when he gets back)

VN Store

Back