The Atlanta Braves Thread

I know the 2015-2017 teams sucked and the first 4 months of 2021 were brutal but I’m not sure I’ve loathed a Braves team. They have no hearts, no guts. They show zero pride or emotions. They suck to watch.

It isn't an excuse, but the absence of so many key guys throughout the course of this season is undoubtedly the cause of this going through the motions-type stuff, and guys like Olson and Riley don't have the kind of personality to snap people out of it.

Reactions: Volfan1000
It's funny how this "extra rest " thing didn't exist until the 2000's. If anything, you would just let your regular starter throw 5 innings.

Give your good starters extra days off, but continue playing guys hitting .185 everyday
It's as stupid as keeping kids in the minros to save innings. If they're ready throw them. Regardless of what you do their elbows are gonna blow regardless so use them while you got em.

Reactions: vols 30
It's funny how this "extra rest " thing didn't exist until the 2000's. If anything, you would just let your regular starter throw 5 innings.

Give your good starters extra days off, but continue playing guys hitting .185 everyday
And another note.
I could understand if we were playing better and a few games up. But the division is lost and we are 1.5 up in the WC standings. We can't afford to be giving games away right now throwing Vines, Elder and whatever other Randoms Alex decides to use.

And another note.
I could understand if we were playing better and a few games up. But the division is lost and we are 1.5 up in the WC standings. We can't afford to be giving games away right now throwing Vines, Elder and whatever other Randoms Alex decides to use.
Were actually 3.5 up but who’s counting

And another note.
They aren’t adding a significant arm, so we don’t have a better alternative at this point

I don't really understand the whole team suddenly just looking like the fire has gone out. Snit sucks as a Tactical level manager but supposedly, he was a better Strategic manager (keeping dudes motivated through season grind, blending young stars with vets, etc). Seems like all of a sudden he's just lost all of it.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the whole team suddenly just looking like the fire has gone out. Snit sucks as a Tactical level manager but supposedly, he was a better Strategic manager (keeping dudes motivated through season grind, blaming young stars with vets, etc). Seems like all of a sudden he's just lost all of it.

For Whatever reason, everyone has struggled hitting except Ozuna. Even Harris and RAJ were not themselves b4 injuries

VN Store

Back