The Atlanta Braves Thread

IDK. I don't much about other GMs. I just believer ours has done more bad than good IMO.
He's a great GM. I think sometimes, perhaps more so after working the magic he did in 2021, he thinks he's a little smarter than he actually is. That can also be said for probably 90% of the GMs in professional sports.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Y'all keep acting like the GM or Freddie or whatever else is the problem. The Braves aren't signing FAs. It's an organizational approach, not AA.

Y'all keep acting like the GM or Freddie or whatever else is the problem. The Braves aren't signing FAs. It's an organizational approach, not AA.
They paid a lot of money to acquire Chris Sale. They paid a lot of money to acquire Kelenic. I’m not doing the math but I’m willing to bet they have the most expensive bullpen. They have a top 5 payroll. Should payroll be higher in light of the success of the organization, attendance, the battery, etc.? Yes, sure. But have enough resources been allocated to not field a team of orlando arcia, zach short, nacho alvarez, washington national cast off eddie rosario, the corpse of adam duvall and so on? Absolutely. That is a direct reflection on the failure of AA, the GM.

He assembles a team with the ceiling in mind and the assumption that everything will go well. Theres never a contingency plan. Theres never depth. Then when something inevitably goes wrong over the course of 8 months he tries to fix it on the fly.

We’re out of the ability to fix it on the fly.

Maybe next year we won’t go into the season with the intention of playing the same 7 guys 162 times.

Reactions: zjcvols
Assessment management is AA's biggest problem. He's made several kinda wasteful trades.
We talk about the Muprhy trade, We gave up a lot for Olson, but one we don't talk about we gave up quite a bit for Bummer too. I'd like to have a few of those guys as trade bait right now.

Assessment management is AA's biggest problem. He's made several kinda wasteful trades.
We talk about the Muprhy trade, We gave up a lot for Olson, but one we don't talk about we gave up quite a bit for Bummer too. I'd like to have a few of those guys as trade bait right now.

The collective WAR totals for the 5 players traded
is very similar to Bummer’s. Think about that. They’re not trade bait in the same way Arcia is not trade bait.

VN Store

Back