The Atlanta Braves Thread

That's not even the saddest Braves FA fact!

The biggest pitching contract they've given to a FA.......DEREK LOWE IN 2008!!!!!! For $60M!!! Josh Hader isn't good and he got $95M as a RELIEVER last year
Derek Lowe and kenshin kawakami. We use to be a real franchise!

Only hit 22 homers this year in LA btw (did have an IL stint but only missed 15 games)

Not giving him the 6th year looks like a good call at this point tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

His wRC+ was 147 before he had to take a leave of absence because his son was paralyzed, and he still put up a 137 wRC+ (21 points higher than Olson). He's put up 6.3 WAR better than Olson the last 3 years. Considering the prospect capital and the AAV only being $5M/year, Alex bet on the wrong horse. We will see what happens the next 3 years.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
His wRC+ was 147 before he had to take a leave of absence because his son was paralyzed, and he still put up a 137 wRC+ (21 points higher than Olson). He's put up 6.3 WAR better than Olson the last 3 years. Considering the prospect capital and the AAV only being $5M/year, Alex bet on the wrong horse. We will see what happens the next 3 years.
To be fair, Olson was insanely good last year. This year was a real downer.

Replacing Freddie with Olson was okay because younger, cheaper, more pop, etc. Most importantly it felt like there was a plan to replace all of the significant pieces coming up for departure. They were at least comparable production parts. You could agree or disagree but it made sense.

The Sean Murphy trade made me feel like maybe this is a bad plan. Not Sean Murphy’s fault but just an unnecessary transaction for many already discussed reasons and has played out like a horror movie.

Not replacing Dansby let me know there isn’t actually a plan.

As evidenced by the 29 trades to accomplish absolutely nothing this past offseason.

Trading for jorge soler (lol).

Watching Fried walk this offseason.

AA flying by the seat of his pants up there. My guy is at lunch and recess with his POGs or Pokémon cards or little league World Series pins just trading for the sake of it and hoping he ends up with something he likes when the teacher calls everyone back to class.

Replacing Freddie with Olson was okay because younger, cheaper, more pop, etc. Most importantly it felt like there was a plan to replace all of the significant pieces coming up for departure. They were at least comparable production parts. You could agree or disagree but it made sense.

The Sean Murphy trade made me feel like maybe this is a bad plan. Not Sean Murphy’s fault but just an unnecessary transaction for many already discussed reasons and has played out like a horror movie.

Not replacing Dansby let me know there isn’t actually a plan.

As evidenced by the 29 trades to accomplish absolutely nothing this past offseason.

Trading for jorge soler (lol).

Watching Fried walk this offseason.

AA flying by the seat of his pants up there. My guy is at lunch and recess with his POGs or Pokémon cards or little league World Series pins just trading for the sake of it and hoping he ends up with something he likes when the teacher calls everyone back to class.

Taking on a $27M luxury tax hit for wRC+ of 86 from your LF was absolutely brutal. I like the idea but if that falters you deserve copious amounts of **** for it not working.

VN Store

Back