The Atlanta Braves Thread

Honestly im find with Seitzer getting let go. We have been in the top half of the top half in the league for K rate pretty much every year with him, and had a pretty bad walk rate.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Honestly im find with Seitzer getting let go. We have been in the top half of the top half in the league for K rate pretty much every year with him, and had a pretty bad walk rate.
That’s more of a player trait than swing coach philosophy. That’s not going away for the most part

We don’t have a bunch of high walk guys

Also, did Matt Olson end Seitz's run here? He was the only supposedly good hitter on the team who was healthy all year.

I don't know if his numbers bear this out or not, but it seemed like he was a bad situational hitter last year too despite MVP-level numbers.

I’m sure Snit will just bring back Terry Pendleton

I would like to see the Braves get hitting coaches from St, Louis or Tampa Bay or San Diego.

The next duo of hitting coaches need to stress making contact and putting the ball in play rather than home runs.

I think they just promote whoever is in Gwinnett

I honestly don’t really care about who they hire. I’m sure they’ll run through interviews and he will talk about better contact/better situational hitting whatever.

Probably not fair considering 7 straight playoff appearances is a legitimately impressive accomplishment (The Braves have a 14 year and a 7 year playoff streak, both top 5 ever in MLB history). But until they get rid of the aw shucks guy at the top and bring in somebody who can lit a fire under their asses and make a bullpen decision that isn’t “well ya know I just liked our chances there” I’m not going to get anywhere near excited about the team.

I have no doubts they’ll bounce back some next year and they’ll be the favorites to win the division (depending on what the Mets do) and it wouldn’t surprise me if they win 97-100 games. But I have no faith in this core in October. The main guys all shrink in the moment and none of them outside of Mikey seem to want to be in a big spot.

I honestly don’t really care about who they hire. I’m sure they’ll run through interviews and he will talk about better contact/better situational hitting whatever.

Probably not fair considering 7 straight playoff appearances is a legitimately impressive accomplishment (The Braves have a 14 year and a 7 year playoff streak, both top 5 ever in MLB history). But until they get rid of the aw shucks guy at the top and bring in somebody who can lit a fire under their asses and make a bullpen decision that isn’t “well ya know I just liked our chances there” I’m not going to get anywhere near excited about the team.

I have no doubts they’ll bounce back some next year and they’ll be the favorites to win the division (depending on what the Mets do) and it wouldn’t surprise me if they win 97-100 games. But I have no faith in this core in October. The main guys all shrink in the moment and none of them outside of Mikey seem to want to be in a big spot.
OH I agree. I want Snit gone but he's not leaving until he wants to.

I was thinking this morning after my post what's most likely for next season

Braves make WS
Braves miss playoffs
Braves ousted in whatever our first round of the playoffs is.
Snit isn't here

And I really think #3, is most likely scenario.

It's like I keep saying about him, he manages likes he's at Triple A. Everyone has a defined role/situation and he can't deviate from it. He has no feel for game flow.
Perfect example was Kansas City last night..... I know they lost but their manager put their closer in in the 5th inning in a huge spot to try and keep the game close. Snit would never do that.

Braves make WS
Braves miss playoffs
Snit isn't here

It's like I keep saying about him, he manages likes he's at Triple A. Everyone has a defined role/situation and he can't deviate from it. He has no feel for game flow.
Perfect example was Kansas City last night..... I know they lost but their manager put their closer in in the 5th inning in a huge spot to try and keep the game close. Snit would never do that.
I don’t think anything is on snits terms

Braves make WS
Braves miss playoffs
Snit isn't here

Kind of like a certain legendary manager who came before him.

VN Store

Back