The Back Door Cut....

Volunteer

These upsets by these mid majors have a commonality to them, they all use the backdoor cut. I've been watching UW-Mil back door cut BC so much, the BC guys are just shaking their heads. This, in my opinion, is a purely coached technique and a distinct "play" in basketball. i love it.

I am quite impressed with UW-Mil, they take it to the basket very aggressively.

They also have one more thing in common: steady guard play, and they are not turning the ball over in the clutch. It has been fun to watch.

Gonzaga turned over in the clutch... Gah, that game ruined my day.

Anyways... The UW-Milwaukee win was great. Too bad they don't stand a chance against Illinois, though.

West Virginia has tried the backdoor cut and Wake is shutting it down. I wish we had a big guy like Williams playing ball for the Vols.

That's because Wake Forest is one of the teams starting to seperate themselves from the pack. The teams doing that are Illinois, Arizona and Wake Forest in my estimation.

UNC will take control and separate themselves from the pack. 10 players scored double digits for them yesterday.

I wish that I could go back and pick UNC to win it all. I just have this sinking feeling that Illinois is going to choke.

Originally posted by Volunteer@Mar 19, 2005 7:45 PM
These upsets by these mid majors have a commonality to them, they all use the backdoor cut. I've been watching UW-Mil back door cut BC so much, the BC guys are just shaking their heads. This, in my opinion, is a purely coached technique and a distinct "play" in basketball. i love it.

I am quite impressed with UW-Mil, they take it to the basket very aggressively.

Agreed, the backdoor cut is beautiful when executed well. Princeton has also used it extremely well for years. Also, these teams seem to all have 6-8 or 6-9 do-it-all forward. Vermont and New Mexico are good examples. It looks like it is giving the major conf. teams big problems.

Originally posted by milohimself@Mar 19, 2005 8:58 PM
That's because Wake Forest is one of the teams starting to seperate themselves from the pack. The teams doing that are Illinois, Arizona and Wake Forest in my estimation.

Sorry milo, but you are correct.

They separated themselves from the pack tonight.

The pack is still playing and Wake is headed back to big Winston-Salem.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Mar 20, 2005 12:14 AM
The pack is still playing and Wake is headed back to big Winston-Salem.

:rocks: Go Winston-Salem......my home away from home!

West Virginia is starting to play like a top seed, too. It takes a pretty good team to put Wake in double OT. ;)

VN Store

Back