The Buzz On Knight

TBALLVOL

I haven't seen this much buzz in Knoxville since the 98 championship in football. All the call-in radio shows are jammed! Sports boards are plastered with posts about Knight!..and detracters say that BB cannot be big at TN!? I heard a caller on one sports call-in show that he and his fellow workers at his workplace were never basketball fans but when they heard that Bobby Knight could come to TN. They were prepared to go buy season tickets if it happened. Caller after caller seem to express similar interest. Why? Is it the show that Bobby would bring? Is it the opportunity for championship BB? Is it because he will break Dean Smith's record, giving us both the top coaches in both men and womens BB putting TN on the BB map? Or is it that we all just love controversey and there will be more people watching Knights media interviews (a media devil-darling)than will be watching the games he coaches? Or are we just so proud that somebody with the stature of Knight would want to come to TN that we are just gushing all over and are excited about the national BB scene turning it's head daily towards Knoxville? What is this hyper-buzz and why do you think it is happening?

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Mar 17, 2005 3:20 PM
Is it the show that Bobby would bring? Is it the opportunity for championship BB? Is it because he will break Dean Smith's record, giving us both the top coaches in both men and womens BB putting TN on the BB map? Or is it that we all just love controversey and there will be more people watching Knights media interviews (a media devil-darling)than will be watching the games he coaches? Or are we just so proud that somebody with the stature of Knight would want to come to TN that we are just gushing all over and are excited about the national BB scene turning it's head daily towards Knoxville?

yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

i know most of u dont live near nashville but i listen to 104.5 the zone. its a sports station. and frank wychek (mr. nashville.) is being killed by the public. and why?

for standing up for his ex-teammate brad hopkins. who supposedly smashed his wife's head repeatedly against the dash of their hummer. because she wouldnt get off the phone.

just thought i would share that.

i believe that the little thing called innocent until proven guilty does not apply anymore.

the media is killing this planet.

oh well.......go big orange.

Wychek is a tool, Pat Ryan was better, but I digress. I think the tone has changed in regards to Knight thanks to his pre-game interview.

From the press conference:

Knight interrupted his question as he asked if it were true he had been contacted by a search firm about the Tennessee job.

"I read something sometime during the season," Knight responded, "where I was interested in coaching a job that would be one of the last jobs that, I mean, I'd quit before I'd take it."

"You know, I've got a little bit tired of that over my time in coaching," Knight added.

Bobby's Red Raiders had a double digit win over UCLA last night, 78-66, and nary a chair was thrown! oh-my-gosh!..What if he wins it all?..TN would never get him then because East TN would think he is the AntiChrist. Hide the kids Mabel, he's got the players on his team levitating!

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Mar 18, 2005 1:30 PM
Bobby's Red Raiders had a double digit win over UCLA last night, 78-66, and nary a chair was thrown! oh-my-gosh!..What if he wins it all?..TN would never get him then because East TN would think he is the AntiChrist. Hide the kids Mabel, he's got the players on his team levitating!

Tennesse wont get him regardless.

VN Store

Back