The Decade of The Vols!

Stupid to discontinue the Beer Barrel . Non Football people making decisions for the Football World. It's a disease.
Not sure if it was stupid, or an effort to be respectful of the players who died in the collision associated with the barrel.
With so much time passed now, 9it might not be a bad idea to bring it back.

Not sure if it was stupid, or an effort to be respectful of the players who died in the collision associated with the barrel.
Aggie bon fire upvote.

Put the blame on the culprits. Ban beer because some people can't control themselves? I can drink one a day and let it be. Or if I miss my one, I'm still good. Don't penalize me and other responsible people for the failures of others. Did it have an impact on drunk driving? Resulting Fatalities? No. What will? As long as weak people allow alcohol to control them, nothing.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Put the blame on the culprits. Ban beer because some people can't control themselves? I can drink one a day and let it be. Or if I miss my one, I'm still good. Don't penalize me and other responsible people for the failures of others. Did it have an impact on drunk driving? Resulting Fatalities? No. What will? As long as weak people allow alcohol to control them, nothing.
WTF???????????????????????????????????????????

WTF???????????????????????????????????????????

Truth is a bitter pill. I LOL'D at your over the top reaction. Obviously I was referring to the Beer Barrel. I just made an example of would you ban Beer because some people can't control their drinking? Ban guns because some use them in Crimes? Now, with the Bud Light Beer cans with College logos, the ban on the beer barrel is strictly Hypocrisy . How long before A college stadium is named after Ultra?

Last edited:
Reactions: lukeneyland
Truth is a bitter pill. I LOL'D at your over the top reaction. Obviously I was referring to the Beer Barrel. I just made an example of would you ban Beer because some people can't control their drinking? Ban guns because some use them in Crimes? Now, with the Bud Light Beer cans with College logos, the ban on the beer barrel is strictly Hypocrisy . How long before A college stadium is named after Ultra?
My focus was on how the decision was meant out of respect for the guys who died after that game. It had no relation to politics, policy, or any other judicial decision. Just respect for the dead.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It is a great idea to bring it back and it should have happened a long time ago. I doubt that the beer barrel was, in any way, responsible for the decision of college students to decide to drink beer or any other alcoholic beverage.

The beer barrel is dead. Let's just move on to...

Time to introduce the Whiskey Barrel! Our two states are far better known for these spirits than mere beer.

Our Kentucky counterparts can call it the Bourbon Barrel, and we'll call it the Whiskey Barrel, which is great, shows we can't even get along while naming the damn trophy!

Go Vols!

p.s. Who says just one decade? With Dan White, Josh Heupel, and Tony Vitello all in their mid-40s, this could be a multi-decade run! Let's say...until at least 2050. GBO!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It is a great idea to bring it back and it should have happened a long time ago. I doubt that the beer barrel was, in any way, responsible for the decision of college students to decide to drink beer or any other alcoholic beverage.
I may be misremembering, but I think it was an effort to try to do the right thing, in the light of the players' demise. But bring it back because no matter what, humans gonna human. Just look at the many incidents of Georgia players.

VN Store

Back