The Difference

VolWonder

To HELL! with Bear Bryant
I keep seeing posts about how 4 or 5 of today's TO by WK were gifts.

My opinion for what it's worth is that this coaching staff put our players in a position to make a play unlike recent memory.

How many times last year did it seem none of the loose balls went our way or no one was around on a deflection to take advantage of it.

This defense was flying all over the field it seemed today.

Reactions: 10 people
"My opinion for what it's worth is that this coaching staff put our players in a position to make a play unlike recent memory."

You aren't alone in this opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
There are a lot of positives right now for our program. One, we are disciplined and don't make many penalties.Two, our players are reenergized. I look at the sidelines and our guys have some mojo and energy going and I like that, a LOT. Third, CBJ adjusted and we came out in the second half and scored right away and our O-line finally dominated. That's a great sign of a well coached team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I just hope we can keep the TO ratio up against Oregon and Florida. Again, why is that UF QB's stink it up every weekend until they play the Vols, where they turn in career performances? Sure would be great to have the number of TO's against them that Miami had today.

UT only allowed 3 points in the second half. They also scored 21 and if not for playing with class would have had more in the end. Lots to still work on but damn I had forgotten what halftime adjustments looked like until today.

There are a lot of positives right now for our program. One, we are disciplined and don't make many penalties.Two, are players are reenergized. I look at the sidelines and our guys have some mojo and energy going and I like that, a LOT. Third, CBJ adjusted and we came out in the second half and scored right away and our O-line finally dominated. That's a great sign of a well coached team.

Yes, it was so refreshing to have UT come out in the 2nd half (after the momentum had changed at the end of the 1st half) and adjust well and put the game away.:)

One of those turnovers was given to us, he still made a good play but the guy should of caught it. The rest were plays that we made imo

Last edited:
IMHO only one of the turnovers was a gift. The rest we made happen.

Hats off to solid defensive effort!:good!:

There are a lot of positives right now for our program. One, we are disciplined and don't make many penalties.Two, are players are reenergized. I look at the sidelines and our guys have some mojo and energy going and I like that, a LOT. Third, CBJ adjusted and we came out in the second half and scored right away and our O-line finally dominated. That's a great sign of a well coached team.

Those second half adjustments were great. Coverage got better and Worley looked a lot sharper, I was pleased to see it, they keep working at it and our offense might just come together and look pretty good. Defensively we had loads of effort, a few missed assignments and blown coverages and being on the field too long in the first half, other than that I was impressed with effort on the defensive side of the ball. It takes good coaching to win and our staff made good adjustments at the half and didn't let our kids lose that energy, overall a good effort this week and plenty of room to improve.

I keep seeing posts about how 4 or 5 of today's TO by WK were gifts.

My opinion for what it's worth is that this coaching staff put our players in a position to make a play unlike recent memory.

How many times last year did it seem none of the loose balls went our way or no one was around on a deflection to take advantage of it.

This defense was flying all over the field it seemed today.

Both fumbles and the INT Doughty threw right before getting hit were entirely forced by the D. The first pick six was an absolute gift, and the second one was from a throw that Doughty was kind of baited into. His last pick was a horrible decision, but Tennessee still had to make a play on the ball.

Overall 3 were entirely forced by the D - only one was a pure gift if I'm remembering the play correctly.

IMHO only one of the turnovers was a gift. The rest we made happen.

Hats off to solid defensive effort!:good!:

After reading some posting that 5 or 6 of the TOs were gifts, I thought I must have been watching the wrong game. Based on their analysis, Eric Berry probably shouldn't have gotten credit for half of his interceptions at UT.

* The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

* Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.

Sound familiar?

VN Store

Back