The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Okay. I expect the internet's advertising algorithms to be intrusive, covert, and a bit devious.

When I'm on Volnation, at my age and widower status, I expect to see the usual ads for Vol apparel, slacks from Men's Warehouse, cardigan sweaters from Jos. A. Bank, All-season tires (yeah, they're keepin' up with my mileage), and of course, white, New Balance shoes.

Sometimes they'll throw a sexy lingerie ad at me. They know I don't have that kind of action going on, so I figure it's connected to "the cardio-vascular team at [insert local] Hospital" ...or maybe just to keep my eyes glancing to the right where the real ads are going to appear.

So what the heck is this about??? (and trust me, the front views get worse than I care to post!)

1718812688533.png
Guess I'm gonna have to stop "liking" your posts, @WillisWG.

Okay. I expect the internet's advertising algorithms to be intrusive, covert, and a bit devious.

When I'm on Volnation, at my age and widower status, I expect to see the usual ads for Vol apparel, slacks from Men's Warehouse, cardigan sweaters from Jos. A. Bank, All-season tires (yeah, they're keepin' up with my mileage), and of course, white, New Balance shoes.

Sometimes they'll throw a sexy lingerie ad at me. They know I don't have that kind of action going on, so I figure it's connected to "the cardio-vascular team at [insert local] Hospital" ...or maybe just to keep my eyes glancing to the right where the real ads are going to appear.

So what the heck is this about??? (and trust me, the front views get worse than I care to post!)

View attachment 650505
Guess I'm gonna have to stop liking your posts, WillisWG.
You said pride….enjoy! You did it to yourself…lol

View attachment 650505
Guess I'm gonna have to stop liking your posts, WillisWG.
:):D😆🤣🤪

Their 3 baseball fans are melting down….

Are we sure these aren't bots filling these game threads? Their posters are using the same exact phrases as appear in our game threads when something not-positive happens.

Either these are bots, or dopamine denial has its own language of expression. Any Psych grad students here with some research grant money to kill?

Clear your browser history.

View attachment 650552
LOL--Don't hang that on me!

Naw, other than buying my last tires from Tire Rack and a sweater from Jos. A. Bank... naw. My site searching is pretty narrow and boring. They know me.

But--hey--as long as Freak is getting money from advertisers that pays him and his staff for this glorious website...

if it gets too crazy, I can always run a strip of duct tape down the right margin.

Reactions: VolPack22

Wow, digging up buried treasure! I don't think we ever got an explanation for the origins of the muffin man nickname. Knowing Zander, it was probably totally random. We can ask greasemachine at a time when she's not likely to be totally focused and freaking out about more important things.

Wow, digging up buried treasure! I don't think we ever got an explanation for the origins of the muffin man nickname. Knowing Zander, it was probably totally random. We can ask greasemachine at a time when she's not likely to be totally focused and freaking out about more important things.
As Tony V. says, a quirky left hander.

HEY I GAVE YA A "LIKE"
1718820025609.png

VN Store

Back