The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Got caught in a riptide once when on vacation in the Gulf ... Panama City.
It's a scary feeling when you can't get back to shore while swimming your ass off.

That happened to my wife and I had to go out and get her while my kids watched from the shore, very scary

Hahahahahaahahahahahanahaha….BEAR DOWN! What a bum

My son collects baseball cards and in the Topps flagship packs, you can get a “homerun challenge” card of a particular player. If you correctly pick the date that you think that player will hit a homerun, Topps will send a special card of that player, with the print run numbered to the number of entrants that correctly predicted the date.
We always pick a date when that player is playing at Coors field and that strategy has worked out pretty well for him.😁
I need some help with something. I was visiting with my mother in the Great State of Tennessee this past weekend. She told me that my dad, who passed away two years ago, had some baseball cards from when he was in school. He graduated high school in 1954 (two time football bowl champs!), so these would be vintage cards. She said she didn't know anything about baseball (except that she watches the Vols!) or baseball players, and asked me to see if they were worth anything. I had to tell her that I didn't know either, but I would find out for her. I didn't get to look at them: it was a very busy weekend with a wedding, 3 dear cousins coming in from out of state for a high school reunion the same weekend, and of course a good part of family together to watch the Vols' massive comeback win over FSU. Next time I am there and I can see the cards, could you help me out with whether the cards are worth anything? And also if any of them are treasures for who they depict?

VN Store

Back