The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

G

glad someone caught that joke.
Can y’all explain the Carla reference?

This was the original reference I could find?

Alright it’s time! Carla just got her third big helping of mom’s Mac and cheese. She’s settling down in the recliner waiting on lunch to be ready. Has her eye on a few 🍊

I need some help with something. I was visiting with my mother in the Great State of Tennessee this past weekend. She told me that my dad, who passed away two years ago, had some baseball cards from when he was in school. He graduated high school in 1954 (two time football bowl champs!), so these would be vintage cards. She said she didn't know anything about baseball (except that she watches the Vols!) or baseball players, and asked me to see if they were worth anything. I had to tell her that I didn't know either, but I would find out for her. I didn't get to look at them: it was a very busy weekend with a wedding, 3 dear cousins coming in from out of state for a high school reunion the same weekend, and of course a good part of family together to watch the Vols' massive comeback win over FSU. Next time I am there and I can see the cards, could you help me out with whether the cards are worth anything? And also if any of them are treasures for who they depict?
Not to interrupt but I used to be a collector. Unfortunately the (Topps, Fleer, Donruss) cards years ago aren’t valuable because they were mass produced.

Yours may have value since they are older. I’m referring to the 70’s and 80’s.

It’s sad b/c I loved collecting and spent lots of my money as a kid and teenager in the 80’s.

I have Dan Marino’s rookie card, Terry Bradshaw, Reggie Jackson, Tom Seaver with the Mets, Steve Garvey, etc.

My son is an avid collector and sells cards on the side, so I don’t mind asking him if you want. I just need the details.

VN Store

Back