The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I have always wondered what if I decided to take up stand up comedy. I am quick on my feet but I do not do well in front of crowds. I remember in middle school they required us to do a presentation in front of every class in my grade level and I told them at the time the assignment was given that I was not doing that and would be happy to write out my presentation. They said I couldn’t do that and had to present. Whenever the day came they called my name to come up I told them I wasn’t presenting. They must have thought I was joking but I legitimately do not do well with public speaking like that. I can carry on conversations with people in small groups but there is just something about speaking in large crowds that makes me want to crawl into a hole.

I used to be extremely quiet when I was a kid, my parents thought something was wrong with me, and I had no interest in public speaking. But, obviously that wouldn't do well with the profession, so just had to force myself. Now, I have no problem at all, and in fact I'm like a clown/comedian in class because it's the best way to keep students interested, if they don't want to miss obnoxious comments you sprinkle in.

I have always wondered what if I decided to take up stand up comedy. I am quick on my feet but I do not do well in front of crowds. I remember in middle school they required us to do a presentation in front of every class in my grade level and I told them at the time the assignment was given that I was not doing that and would be happy to write out my presentation. They said I couldn’t do that and had to present. Whenever the day came they called my name to come up I told them I wasn’t presenting. They must have thought I was joking but I legitimately do not do well with public speaking like that. I can carry on conversations with people in small groups but there is just something about speaking in large crowds that makes me want to crawl into a hole.
They picture the audience naked. You could think about The Dugout crew naked. That would scare the nerves right out of you. 😳

Speaking for myself, I'm in fine shape for a 53 year old individual..😎
200w.gif

Connor Mcdavid is about to cement his name among the greats!
All he needed was a cup and if he gets one by coming back from 0-3, his legacy is entrenched.
Connor will never get the credit he deserves playing for Edmonton.

I guarantee it's rough being compared to Mark Messier and the Great One all the time.

Connor Mcdavid is about to cement his name among the greats!
All he needed was a cup and if he gets one by coming back from 0-3, his legacy is entrenched.
And the Panthers will go down in history and cement their place as the only team to ever lose a Stanley Cup final after being up 3-0.

@VolPack22

Weird year in MLB, all these injuries to star players and the Divisions aren't very close except A.L. East..
Yeah it’s pretty sad. The level of play is taking a hit imo because these elite players are missing. At least Mookie will be back this season. Not as devastating as the season ending injuries.

VN Store

Back