The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I was wondering how you were faring over there. Hope you got to see the whole game. You've invested a lot of electrons in this season!

I'm doing very well thank you very much.

I came to VolNation because of Charlie Taylor because I knew him a little bit or somewhat well a couple of years ago and didn't know much about the Vols and they ended having a great season. College baseball is, by far, my favorite sport to watch with the SEC being the best form of it.

I can't imagine what some of the decades long fans must be feeling compared to me and friends who are really happy and content etc and I'll actually feel a little sad mid week missing college ball.

My roommates are laughing at your comment about how much I post because I'm very chatty IRL and then some.

How are YOU doing?
What are YOU feeling?

I hope you guys are listening to John Wilkerson.
I listened to him the last couple of innings and it was beautiful!
I’m happy for Wilkerson too!
That was my goal for the evening, to just hear Wilkerson's experience, and hope he got to make that final call of a lifetime.

We had so many clutch players and moments but none bigger than #48 in this postseason run!
Sechrist just kept getting the ball, in big game after big game and delivered in every opportunity!!
Dylan freaking Dreiling, wow! Kid made himself a ton of money this year!
What a year!
So many memorable moments!
We can argue about the ‘22 team but there is no denying this squad, they are in the history books now!
National champions!!!

We had so many clutch players and moments but none bigger than #48 in this postseason run!
Sechrist just kept getting the ball, in big game after big game and delivered in every opportunity!!
Dylan freaking Dreiling, wow! Kid made himself a ton of money this year!
What a year!
So many memorable moments!
We can argue about the ‘22 team but there is no denying this squad, they are in the history books now!
National champions!!!

I'm doing very well thank you very much.

I came to VolNation because of Charlie Taylor because I knew him a little bit or somewhat well a couple of years ago and didn't know much about the Vols and they ended having a great season. College baseball is, by far, my favorite sport to watch with the SEC being the best form of it.

I can't imagine what some of the decades long fans must be feeling compared to me and friends who are really happy and content etc and I'll actually feel a little sad mid week missing college ball.

My roommates are laughing at your comment about how much I post because I'm very chatty IRL and then some.

How are YOU doing?
What are YOU feeling?
Good question. Not sure I have an answer. Kept the game at arm's length emotionally, but also stayed locked in and didn't try to multitask during it (well, 'cept for the regular evening walk around the neighborhood).

Really enjoyed Wilkerson's call of the game on radio--almost empathetically. Having read about his history with Tennessee baseball, I really wanted this win for him (...which is another way of keeping some space between me and my own emotions, eh?)

Very happy for Tony and his Dad. That's a journey of a near lifetime. Very special. I wonder at what point Tony is going to need someone of his own to share his joys (and defeats). I hope there's someone special out there for him. But coaching, like military service, puts such a strain on building a good marriage.

Usually some tragedy puts athletic achievement into perspective. But athletic achievements can also put real life into perspective. It takes character to attain a championship, and even God puts value on character.

I see the game thread is up to 211 pages, but even this late after the final out, some guy posts:

"way to go Vols but we tried everything we could to give this game away."

Glad I hung out with you guys n gals over here. Much more enjoyable.
Yeah screw the game threads. I’m over them due to the trolls. Anyone who makes comments like that should just be banned from the website as whole. We just won the whole freaking thing and people still complain. This is the true game thread.

These tears are not because I am happy.

These tears are because I will never get to see these young men play on the same field together again.

My roommate and I started thinking and talking about that last night and how as soon as they get back to campus, some guys have to literally start packing and catch up to their Summer league team. Others? Maybeeee getting in touch with an agent or their agent because they're going pro.

Last night together in a hotel, eating out together, locker room time etc.
Last flight and bus ride together etc.
Last night of poker games or whatever.

Tonight or tomorrow, players wanting to NOT say goodbye, but they have to etc.

@greasemachine he did it!!
We did it!!
National champs baby!!!
Zander pitched one heck of a game. Kirby was clutch in the 8th and then Combs closed.

Great game! I predicted/posted 7-5 Vols before the game. This one got too close for my liking but A&am is a great team.

Thank you @ Covvwebb and some of the regulars for the game threads.

Zander pitched one heck of a game. Kirby was clutch in the 8th and then Combs closed.

Great game! I predicted/posted 7-5 Vols before the game. This one got too close for my liking but A&am is a great team.

Thank you @ Covvwebb and some of the regulars for the game threads.
Yes, Kirby was big too. This whole dang team man...
I cried when Wilkerson called the last out!

VN Store

Back