The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

With thousands descending on the city for the 6 p.m. soccer match and the 9 p.m. debate between _ _ _ and former _ _ _ , traffic will be beyond clogged.

Beyond clogged?

What does that even mean?
Why is my city being punished?
Should we be afraid?

I am constantly told that today's pitchers are vastly superior to all the pitchers from previous generations. The argument is todays' pitchers all throw 100 MPH plus. That must make them "better". Are you sure? The fastball has always been the pitch that most hitters feasted on. Hoyt Wilhelm had a career ERA, 2.52, that was better Koufax, Clemens, Ryan, Cole, Verlander, deGrom or Ohtani. He virtually had no fastball. His out pitch was a ball that the easier he threw it, the more it moved. There have been many very successful pitchers that were not flamethrowers. Guys like Greg Maddux, Jamie Moyer and Whitey Ford didn't get you out with heat, they just got you out. They all had extremely successful careers and didn't ruin their arms. It is time for MLB to retool their thinking. I keep hearing that pitch counts are to protect the investments teams make in their pitchers. It isn't working. Time for pitchers to learn how to pitch again.

1719532578992.png

Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

With thousands descending on the city for the 6 p.m. soccer match and the 9 p.m. debate between _ _ _ and former _ _ _ , traffic will be beyond clogged.

Beyond clogged?

What does that even mean?
Why is my city being punished?
Should we be afraid?
Beyond clogged means keep your @$$ at home.
Be very afraid

Next question.

We did kind of back away from the rectal exam thingie from last year…. A good thing, only because it worked. The Dong thing remains a required element. I look 👀 forward to see where this asylum takes us!

My Mom surprised me and my Dad and best friend with tickets to this and it was obviously amazing, etc., but we got the DVD when it came out and I think it's better than going to the concert and we had really good seats.

THAT'S how good the videography on the DVD is and worth the approximately $33 it cost because I play it about once a month and it's kind of a back ground video or music when we're just chillin'.

My favorite song on the video is the first song, Seven Bridges Road. I think it's a top ten when it comes to harmonies.

Last edited:
My Mom surprised me and my Dad and best friend with tickets to this and it was obviously amazing, etc., but we got the DVD when it came out and I think it's better than going to the concert and we had really good seats.

THAT'S how good the videography on the DVD is and worth approximately $33 it cost because I play it about once a month and it's kind of a back ground video or music when we're just chillin'.

My favorite song on the video is the first song, Seven Bridges Road. I think it's a top ten when it comes to harmonies.
I saw the Eagles in concert once. They played for 3 hours straight. We got floor seating. I stood up to see them w/my binoculars & the sound from the speakers were making my clothes bounce & blow on me. The concert was at the old Memphis Pyramid.

It's pretty good, but SEC college baseball is, by far, my absolute favorite sport to watch.

As an aside and imo really weird: I've been to 6 home Atlanta Braves games so far this year. So far the Braves have won zero games I have attended.

Usually I go to 5-6 regular season home games and a playoff game if we make it into post season play.

It's pretty good, but SEC college baseball is, by far, my absolute favorite sport to watch.

As an aside and imo really weird: I've been to 6 home Atlanta Braves games so far this year. So far the Braves have won zero games I have attended.

Usually I go to 5-6 regular season home games and a playoff game if we make it into post season play.
You're a jinx. Ok🤪

VN Store

Back