The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Interesting post on the Vandy board from someone who doesn't appear to be much of a fan of TV, haha...

"I've met TV on 5 occasions...all while he was recruiting. He's an absolute POS. There's a reason many high schools and travel organizations won't let him near their players anymore. UT will be built through the portal from this point forward...which will probably still win them many games.

Make no mistake: Vitello ONLY cares about Vitello. He wants to be the story, and he wants it to ALL be about him. He does not care about his players in the slightest. They are nothing more than assets to help him win...and then he'll take all the credit.

TV was offering 8th graders, so I'm sure they have a few classes built up. It doesn't matter to them. TV is going to continue to work the portal and cast aside any HS recruits. Most will be cut in the fall before they ever see the field. That is the TV way.

Unless, of course, you're a solid prep pitching prospect. And after not getting many innings early in the year, TV finds out you're probably transferring. Then he gives you just enough garbage innings to burn your redshirt before you leave. This has happened multiple times over the past 4 years...and prep coaches are not happy about it. Happening to Matthew Dallas right now. Happened to a local private school kid two years ago. His high school coach is one of the biggest UT fans I've ever met. Burned the kid's shirt, and then the kid lost a year of eligibility. That coach won't let TV in the school, and did not even attempt to celebrate the title this year. And that particular school produces SEC talent every year, including some that have gone on to Vandy.

He's burning bridges all over the place, but he doesn't care as long as he wins now."
Another 8th grade commit.

Interesting post on the Vandy board from someone who doesn't appear to be much of a fan of TV, haha...

"I've met TV on 5 occasions...all while he was recruiting. He's an absolute POS. There's a reason many high schools and travel organizations won't let him near their players anymore. UT will be built through the portal from this point forward...which will probably still win them many games.

Make no mistake: Vitello ONLY cares about Vitello. He wants to be the story, and he wants it to ALL be about him. He does not care about his players in the slightest. They are nothing more than assets to help him win...and then he'll take all the credit.

TV was offering 8th graders, so I'm sure they have a few classes built up. It doesn't matter to them. TV is going to continue to work the portal and cast aside any HS recruits. Most will be cut in the fall before they ever see the field. That is the TV way.

Unless, of course, you're a solid prep pitching prospect. And after not getting many innings early in the year, TV finds out you're probably transferring. Then he gives you just enough garbage innings to burn your redshirt before you leave. This has happened multiple times over the past 4 years...and prep coaches are not happy about it. Happening to Matthew Dallas right now. Happened to a local private school kid two years ago. His high school coach is one of the biggest UT fans I've ever met. Burned the kid's shirt, and then the kid lost a year of eligibility. That coach won't let TV in the school, and did not even attempt to celebrate the title this year. And that particular school produces SEC talent every year, including some that have gone on to Vandy.

He's burning bridges all over the place, but he doesn't care as long as he wins now."
A common Theme.

@cobbwebb0710

It's not a slam dunk Juan Soto re-signs with Yankees. Some experts believe Cashman want invest the salary needed to keep Soto and pay Judge as well.

Top choice right now is your NEW YORK METS
Doesn’t really matter. Mets are going to Mets every year anyways. They could have the ‘27 Yankees roster and still blow it.

Not only recruits players.

Doesn’t really matter. Mets are going to Mets every year anyways. They could have the ‘27 Yankees roster and still blow it.
I believe the Mets let Alonso walk and sign Soto. Bring Gilbert up and let him patrol Center field. Everyone believes Max Fried goes West but don't be shocked if Mets get him next off season the Owner has some deep pockets.

Heard the same story with Vitello and Farragut’s coach, but that’s all it was…a story.
Doesn’t matter what any high school coach thinks. These college coaches will find a way to recruit their players and get them on campus whether the high school coaches like it or not. The players decide where they want to go, not the coach.

Volly's opinion.

Doesn’t matter what any high school coach thinks. These college coaches will find a way to recruit their players and get them on campus whether the high school coaches like it or not. The players decide where they want to go, not the coach.
No for sure I agree, but it was a convoluted story about how Buck banned him from the field lol

I believe the Mets let Alonso walk and sign Soto. Bring Gilbert up and let him patrol Center field. Everyone believes Max Fried goes West but don't be shocked if Mets get him next off season the Owner has some deep pockets.
If that’s the case then I will send my condolences to Fried and his family for never playing for a contender ever again.

No for sure I agree, but it was a convoluted story about how Buck banned him from the field lol
That’s great the high school coach is so childish he resorts to that. All you are doing is hurting your own player’s career development by not allowing them to see all of their options. If I were Tony I would have just showed up to lunch at school the next day and gathered all the baseball players. Rub it in his face.

That’s great the high school coach is so childish he resorts to that. All you are doing is hurting your own player’s career development by not allowing them to see all of their options. If I were Tony I would have just showed up to lunch at school the next day and gathered all the baseball players. Rub it in his face.

Don’t believe it one bit. I know Buck personally, not a fan, but he ain’t like that.

Yet Tony V has done nothing but recruit top 5 high school classes at least the last 4 or 5 years and on pace to so again for 2025 class and beyond. Little brother fan base just upset

You may not care about MLB but there are a lot who loves the game.
I follow it obviously, but I don’t watch or care about any specific team like I used to. My dad hasn’t watched since the early 2000’s. Your heads in the sand if you think its popularity is going anywhere but down, as much as I hate to say it.

Corbin needs to stop drunk posting.

I follow it obviously, but I don’t watch or care about any specific team like I used to. My dad hasn’t watched since the early 2000’s. Your heads in the sand if you think its popularity is going anywhere but down, as much as I hate to say it.
Data seems to disagree with you. Baseball participation is the highest it has been in more than 15 years. Just because you or your father don’t watch doesn’t mean a lot of others don’t. There is a youth movement in the sport and more parents are starting to opt for baseball instead of football due to the long term injury concerns associated with the sport.

Here ya. When we graduated I took a job in Chicago. They were having player negotiations there one year. I got home after a long day and watched the sports coverage. Start of the season is delayed and a player rep was asked about his concern for the fans. His response was they were not worried about the fans, that the fans would be back. This fan left. It is hard for young family to go. I prefer college. I enjoy seeing the young families at our games and the players are usually good interacting with them. My daughter's family went to a minor league (A) game the other night and only one player would sign autographs.

Starting tonight................

Ive been dealing with gallstones...............worst &*^$ing pain I've ever had............
Not sure where to put the thread...............
I’m sorry to hear about the pain, hope it passes soon.
As far as the thread, it’s gotta go in the Football Forum, The Annual Peay Countdown is a Volnation tradition. Excited to see what theme you have picked out for us.

VN Store

Back