The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Sounds like the fam went out of town and it’s just you at home.
LMAO, me, Miller lite and 30 of my closest major league clubs, tonight!
Is it that obvious?
My youngest daughter is staying at a friends, my 2 boys are staying at my oldest daughters place, not sure where my middle daughter and wife are?
🤷‍♂️

We haven’t gone to signings after the season, we had everyone who was at those on the epic hat already, and so that’s that
We didn’t go either.
We already have a bunch of the baseball cards autographed.
We didn’t make it to Alumni Hall tonight either, but I hope the turn out was great for the guys!

I’ve got a just turned nine year old who wants to play baseball next spring. Neither of us has ever played competitively. Anyone have any tips/resources to prepare him well? He’s got a bat and balls and a glove, and we’ve got a diamond nearby we can use
Definitely sign up for fall ball. Most leagues focus more on the fundamentals and teaching during the fall. There are also usually plenty of baseball camps available but sometimes those can get pricey. If you don’t want to invest in the camps then there are plenty of YouTube videos for beginners. He will be required to wear a cup to protect the boys so go ahead and get one of those with either a jock strap or compression shorts with a built in cup holder. They will typically require the batting helmets with the mask attachment also. Batting gloves, cleats, bat bag, tee. If he has never played before they will probably test him out at different positions so depending on what position he lands at you will want a glove specific to that position to make it easier to defend said position. Whenever I was growing up they made us learn every position so I always had multiple gloves just in case.

I’ve got a just turned nine year old who wants to play baseball next spring. Neither of us has ever played competitively. Anyone have any tips/resources to prepare him well? He’s got a bat and balls and a glove, and we’ve got a diamond nearby we can use
If you have any guys around close by that teach, baseball lessons.

I played nothing but rec league baseball, then once I got to middle school/Farragut, I realized I needed to be a litttttttttle bit better to compete with those guys.

Now, like you said, he’s nine and never played….rec ball wouldn’t be a bad starting point to see if he even likes the game before throwing money at lessons/ travel ball.

Braves vs Padres game the Braves lead 4-1 going to the B 5th inning. There’s a dude sitting behind home plate & just to the left who looks like or similar to Kevin Nash. This guy has a black shirt on. I just find this to be curious.
Way out of touch with Braves this year due to not watching MOST of their games due to Comcast/Bally falling out. Are they still trying to catch the Phil’s or just posturing for the wildcard?

Any healing arms to change those dynamics out there. Miss all the GM and minors news not getting the games.

Thanks.

Starting tonight................

Ive been dealing with gallstones...............worst &*^$ing pain I've ever had............
Not sure where to put the thread...............
I've had 15 kidney stones but no gall stones. They're similar in some ways so the one thing that helps with the pain and speeds up the passing is soaking in the hottest bath you can stand to get into. Tons and tons of fluid and a puke bucket nearby for the times the pain reaches that point so you don't toss cookies into your water.....don't ask me how I know. Something about the heat and "buoyancy" relaxing things that seems to accelerate the process. Feel for you my friend. I've had female patients who've experienced both stones and birth and they say stones are the absolute worst.

Way out of touch with Braves this year due to not watching MOST of their games due to Comcast/Bally falling out. Are they still trying to catch the Phil’s or just posturing for the wildcard?

Any healing arms to change those dynamics out there. Miss all the GM and minors news not getting the games.

Thanks.
A poster like @VolPack22 would be better answering those questions than me.

Last edited:
Texas broken down into regions.

New uniforms

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0227.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0228.jpeg
    IMG_0228.jpeg