The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Do you have full power back at your house yet?

Hope all is well, you and other Houstoners (Houstonites?) have been on my mind a LOT lately.
Yes. My oldest son reported the power was restored in our area Saturday evening.

I am up in Kingsport visiting my Mom, Dad and Brother!

I don’t know that anyone expected that kind of production from Arcia, on a consistent, yearly basis, at least I didn’t. I’m not so much worried about Arcia as I am Olson, Riley and Murphy, especially Murphy. You gave up a great, young catcher to go out and get Murphy and so far, that one is not working out in your favor.
You let Freeman walk and brought in his younger version in Olson and while that one was fun last year, I question how will it work out long term?
The young pitchers have not developed at the pace the organization needed them to and Acuña can’t stay healthy.
The Braves have talent, they just need to stay hungry and healthy.
I didn’t expect Arcia to be a top 10 SS but I at least expect every position player to be top 15 on a contender. That’s the minimum expectation imo. Whenever you have a guy that ranks last or next to last out of all the qualifiers at your position, that’s a huge problem. At least Murphy has the oblique injury to have an excuse. He had been one of the best catchers in baseball the past two seasons. I will say I didn’t like the Contreras trade at the time and still don’t like it. He is still young and is one of the top catchers in his own right. It is nice having d’Arnaud on the roster though.

VN Store

Back