The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

As of 9/24/2024

Chicago White Sox 36-120 .231 53.5 games behind the Cleveland Guardians and clearly last place in division, last place in league, last place in MLB, and last place in our hearts. The Sox are 46.0 games behind the tigers and Royals for the last Wild Card slot. Their run differential is -320 as there 3 wins last week against A's and Angels slowed the rate down somewhat.

There are six games remaining until this merciful season ends. Three midweek hosting the Angels before ending the season in Detroit for three games. The Halos are playing out the string and the Tigers are trying to stay in Wild Card slot ahead of Twins, Mariners, Red Sox and Rays.

Chicago has actually won five games in September outpacing their July (3) and August (4) totals.

LOSSES
White Sox (120 losses) are now tied with the famous, expansion 1962 Mets for the modern MLB loss record of 120. Meaning the Sox will need to go 6-0 to avoid holding the outright record.

WINNING PERCENTAGE:
White Sox win % sits at .231. This is still below the modern MLB records of .235 by the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics (36-117) . If the White Sox can finish 3-3 they will avoid this record and finish .241

RUN DIFFERENTIAL:
Good news on this front. White sox current run differential is -320 with 6 games to go. The modern MLB record is the 1932 Boston Red Sox record is -345. Chicago need only stay within 4 runs per game of the Halos and Tigers. In their current five game losing streak the Sox have lost by 2.6 runs per game and exceeded 4 only once.

Based on season long stats, Chicago will get to -343. Based on Post All-Star Break results, they get to -353.
Losing by less than 2.25 runs per the final 16 games will keep them from reaching the record.

The chances of Chicago winning the Triple Crown of Suck now appears slim. I think they will hold the Loss and Losing Percentage record.
After playing the Angels last week in Anaheim, the Halos went 1-3 in Houston but did salvage game three.
The Tigers are a hot team. They've gone 11-3 in last 14 games.

All of America will be glued to their TVs for the three Angels' games for the midweel "FAN APPRECIATIN SERIES"

White Sox complete the sweep of the Angels
They are now .245 so even if swept by Detroit, they will finish at .240 and will avoid the worst winning percentage record.

They are -311 in run differential. They would need to lose by 12 runs in each of the last three games to break the Diff. Record

This means the Sox will only hold the season loss record. They remain tied at 120 with the 1959 Metropolitans. 1 more loss gets them the sole record.

5-5 in last 10 games . 13% of their wins have come in last 12 days

White Sox complete the sweep of the Angels
They are now .245 so when they get swept by Detroit, they will finish at .240 and will avoid the worst winning percentage record.

They are -311 in run differential. They would need to lose by 12 runs in each of the last three games to break the Diff. Record

This means the Sox will only hold the season loss record. They remain tied at 120 with the 1959 Metropolitans. 1 more loss gets them the sole record.

5-5 in last 10 games . 13% of their wins have come in last 12 days
Fixed your post

Imo. The Padres have nothing to play for they basically have the Homefield in WC locked down. The Diamondbacks have everything to play for and looks like going with normal rotation on the mound.

Believe the Braves are using Fried tonight vs Royals and Brady Singer. Then undecided Saturday and Sunday for Braves. Slippery slope if the Royals aren't going lay down which I don't believe they will. Royals rather play Orioles than Astros. Snit needs to pitch who got him this far Sale needs to pitch Saturday and Swellenbach Sunday.

Brewers have nothing to play for vs Mets. Brewers are locked in as #3 seed.

Beat the Astros, the Biggio/ Bagwell swan song.
That was whenever Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite went down there to team up and form an all star team. I despised those teams because the Braves couldn’t breakthrough against them. I remembered Adam LaRoche hitting a grand slam early in that elimination game and we were up 5-0, only to later give up a grand slam in the bottom of the 8th to Lance freaking Berkman. Oh and we give up the game tying homer to Brad Ausmus in the 9th! That was that 18 inning game. That bullpen was atrocious. Still pisses me off to this day!

Imo. The Padres have nothing to play for they basically have the Homefield in WC locked down. The Diamondbacks have everything to play for and looks like going with normal rotation on the mound.

Believe the Braves are using Fried tonight vs Royals and Brady Singer. Then undecided Saturday and Sunday for Braves. Slippery slope if the Royals aren't going lay down which I don't believe they will. Royals rather play Orioles than Astros. Snit needs to pitch who got him this far Sale needs to pitch Saturday and Swellenbach Sunday.

Yep, all signs pointing towards the Mets and Snakes winning the wildcard spots.

If we’ve learned anything, Snitker isn’t going to do anything logical…

The good old days, but way before my time.

Reactions: VolPack22
Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back