The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Yes, very much so. I never lost power because I have a solar array on the roof and plenty of food. Because of texting etc and helping kids during the storm, the word is out that I have power and that's a good thing so my apartment has turned into ... a place of escapism for many people as some are unfortunately realizing that the real work and damage after a storm like we had has just begun.

My apartment was designed and planned for just such an event, by me, my roommates, architects and 2 general contractors. The construction work is on going, but it's more than good enough as is. So when I say "I'm good", in this instance, I'm actually thriving and able to assist people for a long time.

Consequently, quite a few kids from both GT and Emory have been here just to charge their phones and computers this morning because their dorm/sorority or whatever lost power and still don't have it.

Parts of the GT campus and off campus housing are still dealing with flowing water.

My friends and I have total of 4 cars and 4 electric scooters are parked at the top of garage near my old dorm room that otherwise would have been flooded. The power cords for the scooters have been used by some unknown number of people since people realized they are there, including other tenants of the building.

Today, football games will be much needed break from reality for friends and neighbors.

FYI: YOU Volnation are MY escape and I'll have this account up on one of the TVs.
FYI: Run quite a bit, so I KNOW how hilly Atlanta, so it was easy for me to envision where water would go as major creeks would overflow. So it was obvious to me to move our vehicles to higher ground.
Good for you .... God Bless and stay safe Drew. đź‘Ť

He’s pretty damn good defensively also!
He’s a 2nd rounder from 2017, originally committed to play college ball at Miami.
He has come out of nowhere to become one of the best players in MLB that you’ve never heard of!
He took Brett Baty’s spot and has never looked back.
🤷‍♂️
Well whoever he is, seems like the Mets struck gold with him.

VN Store

Back