The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

This is for Augusta, GA:

On Saturday lines for gas were miles long, one social media user wrote in a caption.

The situation has deteriorated since then, with the same user reporting that as of Sunday, Kroger was closed and there was no more food or gas left.

On top of that, power is only expected to come back on October 5.

Other photos circulating on social showed appalling devastation, with downed power lines and fallen trees blocking roads and crushing vehicles.

Scary video of being trapped during the Hurricane coming through while out ...

People in Augusta, GA are asking where is FEMA.
I gotta admit, I haven't heard or read anything about FEMA and probably falsely assumed they would be doing their job over the weekend.

If I had to guess, TN is on their own as far as that dam failing in eastern Tenn. I hope I'm wrong.

Normally, Atlanta would be tapped to help Tenn, Augusta, etc, but even now according to other students I know, power goes on then off then on again at UGA, Emory and parts of GT.

I honestly think that the storm is SOOOOO vast that help is having trouble in help the millions of people impacted and that we'll need a lot more patience than if the storm only grazed Atlanta. If Atlanta can get quasi robust I think help throughout the south east will accelerate rapidly. Normally we could count on Hartsfield or the Airport in Marietta, GA to easily handle incoming military or Federal Gov help, but I don't think either are up to full strength yet.

Notice that I don't actually know. Info is very forthcoming or transparent.

People in Augusta, GA are asking where is FEMA.
I gotta admit, I haven't heard or read anything about FEMA and probably falsely assumed they would be doing their job over the weekend.

If I had to guess, TN is on their own as far as that dam failing in eastern Tenn. I hope I'm wrong.

Normally, Atlanta would be tapped to help Tenn, Augusta, etc, but even now according to other students I know, power goes on then off then on again at UGA, Emory and parts of GT.

I honestly think that the storm is SOOOOO vast that help is having trouble in help the millions of people impacted and that we'll need a lot more patience than if the storm only grazed Atlanta. If Atlanta can get quasi robust I think help throughout the south east will accelerate rapidly. Normally we could count on Hartsfield or the Airport in Marietta, GA to easily handle incoming military or Federal Gov help, but I don't think either are up to full strength yet.

Notice that I don't actually know. Info is very forthcoming or transparent.

Are we starting to talk wildcard?

I played catcher for the Tigers in Little League, so I'll say yes. But I'm going Dodgers with ole Knox to win the whole thing.

@VolPack22 will put me in my place and explain why the Tigers won’t get in.

Getting on your bad side generates a rat bastard or a Molly Ringwold meme. Getting on VP’s bad side generates the wrath of a women scorned. 🙏🤣🤣

They are only 5.5 GB of the wildcard but there’s only 29 games left. 30 left for the Twins Red Sox. Even if the Tigers go 20-9 the rest of the way, they would have to hope the Twins go 15-15 and the Red Sox go no better than 18-12. That’s doable but also not very likely.

Tigers:

Angles 2 games (1-1)
Red Sox 3 games (2-1)
Padres 3 games (1-2)
A’s 3 games (2-1)
Rockies 3 games (3-0)
Orioles 6 games (2-4)
Royals 3 games (1-2)
Rays 3 games (2-1)
White Sox 3 games (3-0)

Even if you have a nice stretch like this you would be 17-12 the last 29 games.

When you lay it out like that you realize it’s a big ask.
Thanks buddy.

How often has it happened in the past where a team just collapsed with 30 games to go, probably not too often.

Why you trying to piss on @MAD parade? Tigers finishing over .500 or getting a playoff spot is a great accomplishment for the Tigers. So yes @MAD your Tigers will make the playoffs.😏

Needed to bump this from August 28.

This is for Augusta, GA:

On Saturday lines for gas were miles long, one social media user wrote in a caption.

The situation has deteriorated since then, with the same user reporting that as of Sunday, Kroger was closed and there was no more food or gas left.

On top of that, power is only expected to come back on October 5.

Other photos circulating on social showed appalling devastation, with downed power lines and fallen trees blocking roads and crushing vehicles.
Based on my experiences in New Orleans, gas and drinkable water are actually the most important. Anyone who wants to leave after the gas stations run out is in real bind. And when power goes out you can charge your phone in a car.

Anyway, sounds like you prepped incredibly well. 🫡

I expect the atmosphere tomorrow for that double header to be 🔥. I know Braves fans will bring it. Hopefully we win Game 1 and get it over with. I’m not holding my breath though. This team has been anything but dependable. I expect to lose Game 1 and tough out an intense Game 2. Nothing has been easy for this team this season.

VN Store

Back