The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Sweet! Fine dining is also a skill to be developed by the diners. Forks, spoons and cutlery skills. 😉🤙🏼

You got that right! My mom has been all over that since I was 7 or 8 years old. We had dinner as a family almost every night to teach me those things, but also so my parents could get to know me and know what's going on in my life.

Anyway, as YOU know, most silverware is laid out so you select the appropriate utensils from the outside utensils. ie, you choose not to order soup, the soup spoon was taken by wait staff. Or lobster fork etc. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close depending on where you're eating.

Cutlery skills is a real thing. The way I've seen 20 something hold a steak knife is closer to murder than cutting meat and I have to keep myself from giggling at my own thought of, "do they realize that piece of meat is already dead" haha.

Clint Eastwood. He's one of my all time favorite actors of our time.
Looks like @chuckiepoo jumped the gun & spoiled the surprise. This is his profile picture from his days on the B&W TV series "RawHide" 1959.

View attachment 682754

If you wouldn't have told me Rawhide, I never would have guessed it AND I've actually worked at knowing major influences from every decade.

Just so you can laugh at me, I would have thought it was a small character or guest character from Gunsmoke or Ponderosa. (I confuse those two shows)

I didn't see those guys play so did it happen?

I play fantasy football too. I'm in two different leagues and both struggle to have 10 teams.

As soon as my roommate Marc offered up that he'd manage an artificial intelligence team in one of them, there was no shortage of people that wanted the last spot.

He ended up coming up just short and lost by ~5. It was quite a near comeback though! I’ve always resisted fantasy as being potentially dangerous for me getting obsessed, but I’ve become their advisor for leagues with their friends.

If you wouldn't have told me Rawhide, I never would have guessed it AND I've actually worked at knowing major influences from every decade.

Just so you can laugh at me, I would have thought it was a small character or guest character from Gunsmoke or Ponderosa. (I confuse those two shows)
It's Bonanza. :cool: The Ponderosa was the vast landscape where Hoss & little Joe lived.
Gunsmoke is where Marshall Matt Dillon kept the peace & beat your ass if out of line.

I’ll say this and then I’m done fuming over the Dolphins and will turn my attention to playoff baseball.
If we don’t have a damn QB on the roster that can get the ball to Tyreek Hill, then it’s time to get creative, line the cheetah up in the backfield and give him some carries!
GET THE BALL INTO THE HANDS OF YOUR BEST PLAYMAKER!

He ended up coming up just short and lost by ~5. It was quite a near comeback though! I’ve always resisted fantasy as being potentially dangerous for me getting obsessed, but I’ve become their advisor for leagues with their friends.

Fantasy football will become an obsession and that's why I mostly avoid it, but in the late fall in years I didn't play? I always wished I had and become a consultant for others.

At my nerd jock table in late summer and fall? it's all baseball and fantasy football, their draft or my draft in the years I played.
Freshman year of college I didn't play because I was pretty sure it'd cost me at least a half point on my GPA haha.

This year though? Putting Artificial Intelligence to the test? The AI driven team is watched or asked about all the time. Too much IMO.

My thoughts are calm down people, it's just AI people, not the word of God.

It didn't help that one of my roommates when asked to speak at an AI class mentioned the AI team. SMH, but an AI driven team normalizes what AI is or can be and something people can relate to and not be afraid of. So if I look at from the perspective that GT students have trepidation over AI, the US public is probably even more intimidated by the topic.

It's Bonanza. :cool: The Ponderosa was the vast landscape where Hoss & little Joe lived.
Gunsmoke is where Marshall Matt Dillon kept the peace & beat your ass if out of line.
Thank you for the clarity. My programming class is about to start, so I'm going to have to slow my roll haha, but I can still interact to a lesser degree and that's only because I AM that nerd that does the reading before class.

Game on Mother effers!

I view every class, just like a sport and I compete.... at everything.... including grades haha.

I’ll say this and then I’m done fuming over the Dolphins and will turn my attention to playoff baseball.
If we don’t have a damn QB on the roster that can get the ball to Tyreek Hill, then it’s time to get creative, line the cheetah up in the backfield and give him some carries!
.... or just don't watch them anymore until they get better.

Thank you for the clarity. My programming class is about to start, so I'm going to have to slow my roll haha, but I can still interact to a lesser degree and that's only because I AM that nerd that does the reading before class.

Game on Mother effers!

I view every class, just like a sport and I compete.... at everything.... including grades haha.
WTF is a signal processing class. :rolleyes: They teach how to plug stuff into an outlet?
Just messin w/you. Have a great day. 👍

Probably the best plan at this point. Whenever the Dolphins went Wildcat offense with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams that team did some damage. Just lineup Hill, Waddle, Achane, and Wright up and let your playmakers win you ball games.

Game on Mother effers!

IMG_0442.gif

VN Store

Back