The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

FWIW. Not a screenshot, actual tweet. So many ginned up fake allegations posted out there, but this is not one of them.

Actually, they have in the past. I forget which hurricane it was but our company had cut a deal for generators up north for our employees. They freighted them on a flatbed. Just outside of Houston the truck got pulled over and FEMA confiscated the generators destined for our employees.

Saved my 2 delicious bunches of breakfast broccoli for the weekend. Had a huge salad instead with mixed greens, spinach, olives, oranges (with rind), fennel, blueberries, olive oil, and fresh lime juice. I mean a large serving bowl full. Greens for breakfast is the way.

Saved my 2 bunches of breakfast brocolli for the weekend. Had a huge salad instead with mixed green, spinach, olives, oranges (with rind), fennel, blueberries, olive oil, and fresh lime juice. I mean a large serving bowl full. Greens for breakfast is the way.
You trying to live to be 100? ;) Alright den. Good luck.

Saved my 2 delicious bunches of breakfast broccoli for the weekend. Had a huge salad instead with mixed greens, spinach, olives, oranges (with rind), fennel, blueberries, olive oil, and fresh lime juice. I mean a large serving bowl full. Greens for breakfast is the way.
That’s definitely the healthiest meal I’ve ever heard tale of, here in the dugout.
RBF and myself were talking about fried balogna sandwiches with bacon this morning and here you come with this nonsense!

On a serious note, explain the orange rind.

Last edited:
You trying to live to be 100? ;) Alright den. Good luck.
Someone said broccoli is nasty so I had to come to its defense. Actually I did not have to and already regret doing it! 😂
....On a serious note, explain the orange rind.
A lot of people finely slice off or grate and use the very thin layer of orange or lemon colored outer peel surrounding the pith. The pith is the white layer between peel and the juicy orange fruit center. The peel is extremely fragrant. It's called orange or lemon "zest." The oils are in this peeling. Just for an experiment finally grate the outer peel off sometime and you will notice the strong aroma.

Last edited:
😂 Mostly trying to eliminate starchy stuff, except the pasta we eat a lot (and that's enough). I do eat a lot of omelettes, in case your an egg fan, but usually for lunch. I haven't fried chicken since forever, but I've done it 3 times this year. I take it that is more your roll. Nothing wrong with that!

I just wash but do not peal the oranges when I cut them up. Judging by how bitter the pith is, I am guessing it's an antioxidant bomb. But a lot of people slice off or grate and use the very thin layer of orange or lemon peel surrounding the pith. It's extremely fragrant. It's called orange or lemon "zest." The oils are in this peeling. The pith is nasty most would say; I only eat it, really, because I don't feel like zesting the peel.
Been eating fried chicken for an eternity. Haven't croaked yet.
I guess eating my black eyed peas in my mashed potatoes is why. 😂

VN Store

Back