The Future Of College Football

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
With so much changing in college football lately. Mainly the BCS. being the most talked about. where do you see college football going in the next 40-50 years. You can put addition to rules, conference expansoins and changes, new equipment, postseaosn play, where certain teams will be, (bama prolyl on probation), anything. Just where do you see the future of this sport going?

The thing that bothers me most is that there is so much more emphasis on money surrounding the game.

Big time college football has become so commercial that, to some extent, it has lost a bit of its personal touch.

There's a HUGE difference between a U.T. game and a game at Emory & Henry College here in Virginia. You can still walk in, find a great seat, and watch some great small college football at Emory.

I love my Vols to death, but I swear, sometimes I walk to Neyland on a beautiful Fall Saturday and I look around and everything you see says MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!!!! It's the same everywhere you go at the Division I level.

That's one of the reasons I really enjoy the Vol Walk. I can still stand there and watch the Vols walk right by.

We will have to watch 2 hours and 45 minutes of commercials, and just 15 minutes of football.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 2, 2005 11:32 PM
We will have to watch 2 hours and 45 minutes of commercials, and just 15 minutes of football.

Don't even get me going

Originally posted by allvol@Feb 3, 2005 10:40 AM
commercials :bad:

solution=TIVO

Even better, TiVo high-def....now that is hot! But you better LOVE orange, cause the color billiance is deep! :clap:

Here is rule that I would like to see. I think that a point should be given if the kicker gets it through the uprights during the kickoff.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 3, 2005 12:30 PM
Here is rule that I would like to see. I think that a point should be given if the kicker gets it through the uprights during the kickoff.

Well, OK, but to level the playing field, the opposing team should get 2 points for each time they knock the kicker's helmet off on a return.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Feb 2, 2005 11:04 PM
where do you see college football going in the next 40-50 years.

I wonder what my grandfather would have said if you asked him the same question about space travel in 1955?

My guess: same field, same rules with the ever-present (and changing) "interpretations," better equipment (more protective, but lighter and more comfortable), instant replay, and same rabid sea of Orange every game in Tennessee (and that includes Nashville, ye Commies!!!).

VN Store

Back