The Game

Jethro

Boys, I took my medicine last night, so Ize about as sane as one could expect ole Jethro to be. Here are some keys to Saturdays game.
(1) On Offense: We must come out and gain the momentum quickly. Look at our games this season and see how the early going has played into the dynamics of the rest of the game. I think we need to use the tight ends more on medium range routes to open up the run. After doing this, then we need to pull a little trickery out of the playbook- maybe a halfback pass to our fleetfooted fullback for 6 quick points. After quickly scoring the first TD, we need to work to sustain longer drives to keep our D off the field and fresh for late 3rd and 4th quarter action. Again, this is where the fullbacks and tight ends will make a difference.
As well, our films have not revealed these types of plays too much this season and I would expect in certain situations UA will be playing soft to prevent the homerun strike by Ainge- making these types of plays more successful.
Oh course, keep them semi-honest by running some traditional plays directly at them to test their softness in the interior (or lack thereof). This will give our line (if successful) the confidence factor that they might need late in the game if it comes down to needing a long drive for the "W".
(2) On Defense: Stack the line and then drop back. We have showed good rush potential with the four man rush at times this year. Coach our linebackers to "stay home" and press the play to the inside. Coach our D-backs to NOT go for interceptions in situations where they have not already closed the yardage gap. Some of our D-backs have tried to play hero in certain key game situations this year. The play of Harrelson should not be minimized this game. He is coming off a suberb week- hopefully this will further motivate him to not let up with the pressure against UA's very mediocre QB.
(3) Special teams: Play Brent Schaeffer a couple of times as a return man in order to catch Bammer off guard. Maybe implement a reverse on a kickoff play where he hands the ball off to someone else (so as to prevent injury to him).
Dicern ealry who the "wedge buster" is on UA's special team and put two Vols on him. Follow our blocks better in the open field.

Uh, Uh, Boyz Ize startin' to twitch a little...looks like my medicine is wearin' off...(deep breathing begins)...Pa, ellie May, Granny...Quick go down and tell Cooter Ize sorry fer last week. Have him get some that Lithium up here real quick like...
Whew...Uh, can't promise any more sane posts...Hard being me sometimes...Need yer prayers...Ize out.

VN Store

Back