The Light Switch Came On!!

Jake

This is my garage light switch...and it just came on!!!

0465E5AC-8D0B-49D9-846D-4F09703EE20E-2726-000002F0E016B2AF.jpg

Reactions: 19 people
I've had this switch cover since my sophmore year at UT. Someone left it in the house I rented on Chapman Highway...and I took it when I left...in 1990! I have managed to move it from Knoxville to Jackson Hole to Fort Collins, CO to Lake McConaughy, NE and back to Fort Collins...in 22 years.

Reactions: 3 people
I've had this switch cover since my sophmore year at UT. Someone left it in the house I rented on Chapman Highway...and I took it when I left...in 1990! I have managed to move it from Knoxville to Jackson Hole to Fort Collins, CO to Lake McConaughy, NE and back to Fort Collins...in 22 years.

Jake, are you the dude that owns the bar in Ft Collins with all the Vols stuff on the walls?

Love your bar.
I was there the night before the UT/Michigan bowl game in 2001.

Did some serious beer lifting that night!

Thank you, bro!!!

The first year flat screen plasma tvs came into the electronic market, I went to Circuit City in Fort Collins the Friday before the UT/FL game that year (probably 2001?) and tried to buy a 42" plasma ( the biggest you could get at the time). The salesman said " we don't keep any in stock you'll have to preorder it"

I said,"sorry dude. If I hve to drive to Denver, I'm buying one today because the TN/FL game is tomorrow and I want it now"

So he got his manager and they ended up sellin me their floor model just to keep my voice down.

So I brought it to the bar that night (Friday night) to promote the game...and had a PACKED house that game...it was insane. We were the first bar or restaurant in Ft Collins to use the flat screen...and we have had a great crowd each year since.

This is one of my favorite weeks of the whole year!!!

GBO!!

Reactions: 2 people
yes sir!!!

And don't forget the orange men's bathroom with the Power T on the wall!!

Is Fort Collins near Denver? I am moving to Denver in 3 weeks. It would be awesome to know that I would always have a place to watch Vols games.

Is Fort Collins near Denver? I am moving to Denver in 3 weeks. It would be awesome to know that I would always have a place to watch Vols games.

It's an hour north of Denver. We will always have the TN game on each week. It trumps all other games!

Orange Jell-O shots!!!

It's an hour north of Denver. We will always have the TN game on each week. It trumps all other games!

Orange Jell-O shots!!!

Well...I guess we will meet soon then. Sounds like we will get along just fine.

VN Store

Back