The little things that show this team is so much better coached than recent years

KoachKrab127

1) The discipline of the defense to stay in their zones and know their assignments.

2) The runningbacks falling forward on every play.

3) The O-line staying completely still when WKU was offsides (how awesome was that?)

4) The excellent overall execution (with the exception of Worley in the 1st half and Croom on the one drop).

5) The intensity the team has to finish plays (even when Corey Miller was called for that roughing the passer...I thought that was a bad call).

I see lots of positive things on the field from a team with lots of young talent, but a lack of depth.

Reactions: 9 people
I thought this team got punched in the gut at the end of the first half. In the past few years, it would have cratered in the second half and given up the lead and the game.

Now, however, it responded and showed some real fight and resolve that has been missing from this program for a long, long time. It came out and played much better in the second half.

Reactions: 12 people
1) The discipline of the defense to stay in their zones and know their assignments.

3) The O-line staying completely still when WKU was offsides (how awesome was that?)

4) The excellent overall execution (with the exception of Worley in the 1st half and Croom on the one drop).

5) The intensity the team has to finish plays (even when Corey Miller was called for that roughing the passer...I thought that was a bad call).

I see lots of positive things on the field from a team with lots of young talent, but a lack of depth.

You can see lots of difference in the Coaching. Dumbass had no idea of how to make adjustments but Butch Jones does.

Reactions: 2 people

Not jsut falling forward. Both Neal and Lane were lowering their shoulders and trying to run through the tacklers for the extra yardage.

Reactions: 3 people

Not jsut falling forward. Both Neal and Lane were lowering their shoulders and trying to run through the tacklers for the extra yardage.

Yup. Playing physical to get those crucial 2-3 yards extra.

There were definitely a lot of small but noticeable things that show BJ has been doing a MUCH better job preparing the players. You cant always have all the talent that you want but you CAN keep from making mistakes. And mind you, those were some nice strips that got a few of those fumbles. Its not like WKU just imploded, those errors happened because UT was doing the little things that a good coach drills into them over and over and over...

Reactions: 5 people
Excitement. Butch makes them feel like a hundred bucks. So they're gonna play like a hundred bucks.

Reactions: 1 person

The "eye test" for me says that this team is different and that goes to coaching. I am on board with Coach Jones. His best coaching will come next week. We may not win but I don't expect this team to give up either. GO VOLS

The vol have weapons of mass destrucsion at every position especially defence why wouldn't it happen that way

Flame away the volsnation the discussion begins here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the lack of penalties. It's refreshing.

I'm not saying it's not a good thing...because it definitely is. However weren't we also one of the least penalized teams in the SEC under Dooley? I only ask because you say it's refreshing but I don't think penalties were much of an issue under Dooley either.

Definitely an overall better coached team that should continue to improve. QB play should get better as the staff will be able tailor play calling. Defense was improved (hard to be worse) but was vulnerable on 3rd and long. Punt block is inexcusable. Seem to have good team chemistry and unity. Will learn a lot in the next 2 weeks some good some bad. Overall pleased with CBJ and company. GBO!!

I'm not saying it's not a good thing...because it definitely is. However weren't we also one of the least penalized teams in the SEC under Dooley? I only ask because you say it's refreshing but I don't think penalties were much of an issue under Dooley either.

Not sure, but I know he never had a game with zero penalties. Don't think he had one with only two either.

It may just be me but I love the sprint to the other end of the field at the end quarters. At the end of the 1st that was freakin awesome when they did it and started going nuts and the crowd got in it as well. It's just little things like that that add up and it is obvious this team is very unified getting that confidence back.

Very few penalties, few better indicators of discipline than that.

Good execution and adjustments overall, passing game being somewhat of an exception.

VN Store

Back