The Official #21/19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Sampson should have at least 10-15 carries in the second half. He's the best RB we have IMO. Let him take over the game!
Why would we want to do that? He might break off another big play and increase the chances we win. Our OC seems to be doing everything possible to keep SC in the game.

Nico won't be better per Halzle. That's why Joe starts. If that's not correct, it's on Halzle and Heupel but Joe doesn't start himself in games, the coaches play the players they think will win.

So what is your plan, genius?
So far in 2023, when Milton plays an SEC opponent, you can give the opponent 7 off the bat from at least one poor throw over the middle. He’s a major liability, but the coaching staff are doing a decent job with what they’ve got. Milton will lose us games against inferior opponents from poor decision making and an inability to salvage a busted play (also the guy hasn’t been able to take some mustard off of the ball on short passes to this point in the season). The guy just isn’t a dynamic QB. I would rather drop a game or two developing Nico rather than trotting out muscle-head Milton. It just seems like a better long term decision.

All that being said, if Milton is on the field, I hope he plays lights out. I’ll never hope any player that suits up for the Vols plays poorly.

Yes, but play calling is protecting shortcomings. They have settled for what Milton can do as far as reading a defense.
He has hit multiple level passes; deep go routes, slants, hooks, screens. He made one bad pre-snap read and thought they were in two deep. Other than that he has been on target. I will definitely give him a pass on being off after the injury to McCoy. If you can't, you are pretty sad. He has the entire halftime to get back on track.

Reactions: whodeycin85

VN Store

Back