The Official #21/19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, SEC Network

So far in 2023, when Milton plays an SEC opponent, you can give the opponent 7 off the bat from at least one poor throw over the middle. He’s a major liability, but the coaching staff are doing a decent job with what they’ve got. Milton will lose us games against inferior opponents from poor decision making and an inability to salvage a busted play (also the guy hasn’t been able to take some mustard off of the ball on short passes to this point in the season). The guy just isn’t a dynamic QB. I would rather drop a game or two developing Nico rather than trotting out muscle-head Milton. It just seems like a better long term decision.

All that being said, if Milton is on the field, I hope he plays lights out. I’ll never hope any player that suits up for the Vols plays poorly.
No it isn't a better decision. You can ruin a qb if he isn't ready for the SEC. Playing him against scrubs is one thing. Throwing him to the wolves against Bama Ga and Texas AM is a terrible decision

Reactions: SAPPER 5
He has hit multipllw level passes, deep go routes, slants, hooks, screens. He made one bad pre-snap read and thought they were in two deep. Other than that he has been on target. I will definitely give him a pass on being off after the injury to McCoy. If you can't, you are pretty sad. He has the entire halftime to get back on track.

Reactions: Vol1976
This is just not true. He has thrown at least three bad passes. He was off with every pass the first series after the injury.
Lets see, might there be a reason to be a bit distracted. You guys are beyond ridiculous. I suppose you would be able to come out of that with laser focus because you are such a robotic emotionless cyborg. He is 10 for 14, that is FOUR misses.

So far in 2023, when Milton plays an SEC opponent, you can give the opponent 7 off the bat from at least one poor throw over the middle. He’s a major liability, but the coaching staff are doing a decent job with what they’ve got. Milton will lose us games against inferior opponents from poor decision making and an inability to salvage a busted play (also the guy hasn’t been able to take some mustard off of the ball on short passes to this point in the season). The guy just isn’t a dynamic QB. I would rather drop a game or two developing Nico rather than trotting out muscle-head Milton. It just seems like a better long term decision.

All that being said, if Milton is on the field, I hope he plays lights out. I’ll never hope any player that suits up for the Vols plays poorly.
Take it up with THE COACHES and stop dragging Milton. That's my opinion.

You won't say Halzle and Heupel suck but they're the ones who INSIST on playing Milton.

If you have a problem, it's actually with them. They're either not using the right QB who could play better OR not designing plays that suit his ability. Either way...... Milton doesn't send himself in, Heupel and Halzle do.

Take your BS up with them.

It’s possible, but usually those ankle dislocations are associated with fractures of either the tibia or fibula (called a malleolar fracture). Those usually are at minimum 6 weeks recovery, if not needing surgery depending on where the bone is fractured
Thanks for the explanation. My niece had a fracture in that area that needed screws and plates to fix. I don't know which bones were broke and where but it was pretty bad.

No it isn't a better decision. You can ruin a qb if he isn't ready for the SEC. Playing him against scrubs is one thing. Throwing him to the wolves against Bama Ga and Texas AM is a terrible decision
Yeah, it didn't work at all with Ainge or Clausen. Totally tanked those seasons. I would hate to play in the SEC championship like we did with Ainge his freshman year.

Danny Weurffel won the Heisman never throwing the ball between the hash marks.

Reactions: VolDave53
Dobbs came in after Worley got hurt in 2013, and I think we all know how well that worked out for Dobbs. Nico may be young, and he may make mistakes from inexperience, but it would be better to get him that experience this year, imo.

VN Store

Back