The Official Countdown To Tennessee Football 2024 (55 Days)

63 Days!

Today we honor #63 Cooper Mays who will return for an extra year in 2024.

CAREER HONORS

2024 Preseason All-American Second Team (Phil Steele)

2024 Preseason All-SEC Second Team (Phil Steele)

2023 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll

2023 All-SEC Second Team (AP)

2022 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll

SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week (vs. Missouri, 11/12/22)

2021 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll

1719686532601.jpeg

61 Days!

Dylan Sampson did something in the 2023 Season Opener against Virginia that had not been done by a Tennessee running back in 6 years. Sampson scored a staggering four total touchdowns, three rushing and one receiving, along with 61 yards from scrimmage in the Vols’ 49-13 win over Virginia. The last time a Tennessee running back reached the end zone four times in a single game was September 4, 2017, when John Kelly Jr. scored four times in Tennessee’s season-opener against Georgia Tech.

1719854255679.jpeg

61 Days!

Dylan Sampson did something in the 2023 Season Opener against Virginia that had not been done by a Tennessee running back in 6 years. Sampson scored a staggering four total touchdowns, three rushing and one receiving, along with 61 yards from scrimmage in the Vols’ 49-13 win over Virginia. The last time a Tennessee running back reached the end zone four times in a single game was September 4, 2017, when John Kelly Jr. scored four times in Tennessee’s season-opener against Georgia Tech.

View attachment 655675
Inspired by this guy..

Attachments

• aj.jpg
    aj.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: vol94 and VolDave53
66 Days!

It was one of the more iconic scores in Neyland Stadium and it happened in 1992 as Tennessee defeated Florida 31-14. Mose Phillips caught a screen pass from Heath Shuler and went 66 yards for the touchdown. After high-stepping through the standing water at the goal line, Phillips circled the back of the end zone, stepped back onto the checkerboards in front of the goal post and stopped to look at his wrist. Phillips made sure everyone knew it was about time. "Touchdown Big Orange," John Ward shouted on the Vol Network radio broadcast, "in the downpour!"

Ignore the 21 Days until, only place I could find the scoring clip.

I think I went to the home opener in 1992 but that FL game is my first memory of TN football.

I was a young 21 yr old transfer student dressed in Khakis, shirt, tie, and a blue blazer along with other fraternity pledge brothers. I still remember Mose taking it the house in the monsoon.

I was in awe and couldn’t believe the environment. And ever since I’ve been an avid Vol fan.

VN Store

Back