The Official Fire Buzz Peterson Petition

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
OK the game is not over yet (officially), but we are down 33 and counting. I am now starting the official petition to fire Buzz Peterson. If we get 1000 signatures I will forward it to Mike Hamilton so pass the link below to everyone you know. Let's end this crap now.

1. vol_freak

http://www.volnation.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=521

Pass this link on to everyone you know.

Did you have anything to drink tonight, Freak? :ph34r: I just havent seen you this wrawled up before and your making me alittle nervous.......... :blink:

I understand though. Something has got to be done......this is rediculous!!!!!!!!!! :bs:

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Mar 11, 2004 11:38 PM
Did you have anything to drink tonight, Freak? :ph34r: I just havent seen you this wrawled up before and your making me alittle nervous.......... :blink:

I understand though. Something has got to be done......this is rediculous!!!!!!!!!! :bs:

I had a couple of beers, but I need about 20 more. I haven't been this riled up in a while, but I think it has just built up over time. I don't understand why any team in America except us can go into their conference tourney with a shot to win it. We are one and done just about every year. And when you lose by 30+ in a game of this magnitude I cannot understand it.

Sorry if I am being "scary" but this one hurts.

At least they have hotdogs at the football games. ;)

I'll attest that Freak was fired up last nite. He said he was going to rip him a new ahole.

I got home last nite after wasting my time going to a bar to watch the game just to watch us play like a poor Div II team.

Buzz aint a good coach.

I have just recently joined the vol nation as this is my first posting so please be forgiving and bear with my pen man ship, but last night Buzz Ball went to a place that I did not think that it could go. We have not seen that poor of basketball since the days of NBA great Alan Houston's dad was pacing courtside. Like him or not, I never saw Jerry get embarrassed like Buzz's kids did last night. Maybe when a "limping" Tony Harris jolted down the bench to put his two cents worth in a fight, but at least he had some fire in tail even if he was in street close. I can't help but to ask the question, what were we thinking when we let Jerry go. At least they tried.
I am willing to take in consideration that the woes of the Georgia Dome that plague of beloved gridiron VOLS have found there way into our lack luster basketball team and give Buzz one more chance, but that's it.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else, and there's nothing I like less than a lack of effort but I really think we're selling Buzz short so far. Give him another year w/ new recruits, Scooter as a senior, Crump another year improved, CJ leading the SEC in assists and we may just be o.k.... Let's not hang him yet guys!

Remember, being a fan doesn't mean you love 'em when they're good and hate 'em when they're not. Nor does all of the blame fall on the coaches (although the do deserve their fair share) - Buzz didn't miss a single jumper, layup, block out, or free throw - when the players have made up their mind before the game starts that they're going to lose (as I think they pretty much do for non-home games), there's no question what the outcome will be. I'm more upset w/ our players attitude and lack of desire/effort than I am coaching. At least for now.

How 'bout we start a petition and get 1000 signatures pleading w/ Jackie Butler to NOT TURN PRO and come to UT!

Originally posted by Volunteer@Mar 12, 2004 7:41 AM
I'll attest that Freak was fired up last nite. He said he was going to rip him a new ahole.

Who me? :question:

I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno: :D :peace2:

Well, I listened to the Buzz Peterson show after the game (?) and part of the team's "punishment" was having to stay and watch every game the next day. I thought...if that was my team, I'd catch the red-eye to KTown and get their butts in the GYM and PRACTICE.

VN Store

Back