The Phrase of The Day in energy markets: Force Majeure

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Gazprom Declares Force Majeure on Some European Gas Buyers

South Africa: Sasol Declares Force Majeure at Country's Second-Largest Refinery | RANE

Keystone pipeline operating at reduced rate due to damaged power supply in South Dakota | Globalnews.ca

In a statement Monday afternoon, TC Energy said it was made aware Sunday of a “non-operation incident resulting from third-party damage to the power supply to a facility on the Keystone Pipeline System near Huron, South Dakota.”

TC Energy said the system continues to operate safely, but a “force majeure” has been declared on Keystone. This means it is operating at a reduced rate due to the damage to the third-party power utility.

So what good are sanctions on Russian gas if Gasprom declares force majeure and decides to just not sell to Germany anyways? If the plan was to bankrupt Russia be cutting of gas sales, what do you do now?

Idiots

So what good are sanctions on Russian gas if Gasprom declares force majeure and decides to just not sell to Germany anyways? If the plan was to bankrupt Russia be cutting of gas sales, what do you do now?

Idiots
I read where wood stoves are impossible to find now in Germany due to people planning for a winter without gas heat. Europe only has a few months to decide if they want to get Russia to the table or face a revolt when their people start freezing to death.

I read where wood stoves are impossible to find now in Germany due to people planning for a winter without gas heat. Europe only has a few months to decide if they want to get Russia to the table or face a revolt when their people start freezing to death.
Not just in Germany. I was at a store that specializes in wood stove sales near Schererville/St.John, Indiana last summer and there were at least 6 month lead times on stoves.

Where the eff they going to get the wood? They deforested the continent supplying wood for a much smaller population. Doubt anyone has the production to supply. And its bot like you can just go to the forest, cut down a live tree and throw it into an indoor wood stove.

Where the eff they going to get the wood? They deforested the continent supplying wood for a much smaller population. Doubt anyone has the production to supply. And its bot like you can just go to the forest, cut down a live tree and throw it into an indoor wood stove.

They will be burning their furniture

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back