The portal

mudhen

Help me out here. So do the players get to do multiple transfers or what? The more that I delve into the portal stuff, the less that I like it. how do you folks feel?

Reactions: feathersax
Help me out here. So do the players get to do multiple transfers or what? The more that I delve into the portal stuff, the less that I like it. how do you folks feel?
These days, the walls are falling down on transfer rules.

The portal is fast becoming a mystic wonder; just ask Kirk & Spock.

Attachments

• Star Trek portal_Kirk, Spock.jpg
    Star Trek portal_Kirk, Spock.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3
What I don't know is how much or if NCAA penalties are still impacting us or if so, how much. It seems we pretty much check most boxes right now, except that we're not currently residing in the top elite pecking order. Knoxville is vibrant/growing/fun town, fan support is second to none, I believe our NIL $ is at least in upper part of SEC, recruiting going pretty well on pure talent, and have AD/Coach that have set a good culture. We've pulled in a few good transfers, but will wait to see how everything pans out...but a bit disappointed in our momentum of late in NIL and signing class. Not sure how much has to do w/ NIL, but I do think, in general, for the Vols, the portal is a net positive.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
What I don't know is how much or if NCAA penalties are still impacting us or if so, how much. It seems we pretty much check most boxes right now, except that we're not currently residing in the top elite pecking order. Knoxville is vibrant/growing/fun town, fan support is second to none, I believe our NIL $ is at least in upper part of SEC, recruiting going pretty well on pure talent, and have AD/Coach that have set a good culture. We've pulled in a few good transfers, but will wait to see how everything pans out...but a bit disappointed in our momentum of late in NIL and signing class. Not sure how much has to do w/ NIL, but I do think, in general, for the Vols, the portal is a net positive.
Yep.. I'm not sure the portal and NIL have changed a whole lot yet. Maybe when the playoff has been in for a year or two. Right now looks like the same ole suspects keep getting the best players. Those programs are like the 80's refrigerator you have in the garage, indestructible and timeless, will outlive you and your children.

Last edited:
Reactions: njvols
The portal and NIL are going to be the downfall of fan interest in college football. Basically, college football and basketball, the most popular of college sports will become a crapstorm of players and coaches bargaining for the most money and best players. It will become sports most complete disintegration and complete failure in recent history. Coaches, fans, and yes players (most if not all of them eventually) will become so frustrated with this system with the result turning a game into a business with no CEO, rules that change every year, and only Power 5 teams (not even all of them) that will benefit . The real losers in this whole process will the the FANS. The fans will lose interest, especially after seeing your star players leave to say a better team that promised them more play time, players deciding not to play hurt, because they have now more leverage on the coaching staff. etc etc. Consider a pretty good offensive line, but none have any NIL money, and having a great running back making over $1M a year. After seeing this great RB making an average of 120 yds per game, maybe some of those non-NIL offensive lineman maybe start letting up or letting through the defense on some plays. Now, your 1M RB gets hurt for several games or even worse, the season. Now your $1M RB wants to use the transfer portal . In other words, GONE is the way college football was meant to be played, GONE is the way college football coaching was meant to be. AND EVENTUALLY .......GONE IS THE FAN...........THE WAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

FINALLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL WILL BE GONE, IF MAJOR CHANGES AREN'T MADE!

t

NIL will be the downfall of college athletics as we have known it. Every year every team will be trying to pay the new players to come and the old players to stay. Unless rules are adopted by ALL schools it will ruin teams. If the rules involve contracts over a period of time will the players become employees and if so what does that involve. I am not smart enough or have I done the research to find out but just standing back and looking in it doesn't seem like something a lot of state school could sustain for very long.

The portal and NIL are going to be the downfall of fan interest in college football. Basically, college football and basketball, the most popular of college sports will become a crapstorm of players and coaches bargaining for the most money and best players. It will become sports most complete disintegration and complete failure in recent history. Coaches, fans, and yes players (most if not all of them eventually) will become so frustrated with this system with the result turning a game into a business with no CEO, rules that change every year, and only Power 5 teams (not even all of them) that will benefit . The real losers in this whole process will the the FANS. The fans will lose interest, especially after seeing your star players leave to say a better team that promised them more play time, players deciding not to play hurt, because they have now more leverage on the coaching staff. etc etc. Consider a pretty good offensive line, but none have any NIL money, and having a great running back making over $1M a year. After seeing this great RB making an average of 120 yds per game, maybe some of those non-NIL offensive lineman maybe start letting up or letting through the defense on some plays. Now, your 1M RB gets hurt for several games or even worse, the season. Now your $1M RB wants to use the transfer portal . In other words, GONE is the way college football was meant to be played, GONE is the way college football coaching was meant to be. AND EVENTUALLY .......GONE IS THE FAN...........THE WAY COLLEGE FOOTBALL WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

FINALLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL WILL BE GONE, IF MAJOR CHANGES AREN'T MADE!
Absolutely correct I remember when getting a scholarship and committing to play for a school was an honor and players played their asses off in hopes of making it to the League.....that's long gone now, we may benefit from it but it's slowly killing cfb

VN Store

Back