The reason why Bama will get left out of NC

Grateful Vol

Carry me..Back to TN
Living in Bama has been tough this week nontheless. My only arguement has been Bama hasn't beaten anyone. I decided to finally research it and I am glad I did. I can't believe no one on espn has mentioned this.

Combined record of all 12 Bama opponents thus far

3-4, Clemson
2-6, WKU
3-5, Arkansas
7-1, Georgia
2-5, Tulane
5-3, Kentucky
4-4, Ole Miss
3-5, Tennessee
4-3, Arkansas State
5-2, LSU
3-5, Miss State
4-4, Auburn

=45-47

Only 4 are better than .500

And it will only get worse as MSU and AU continue to struggle.

+3 biggest rivals are seriously down this year. UT and AU will be around 500.
Last 3 QB's at LSU have won a NC or been the #1 pick in NFL draft.

Beat us while we are all down. Next year Bama will have the freshman QB and O line.

if alabama is undefeated at the end of the year, i guarantee you they will be in the national title.

I appreciate the logic however here's the fatal flaw in it. They're already #2. By BCS "logic" someone's got to knock them out of that spot. Penn State probably can't get it done. IF Bama or Texas screws up and drops a game? Yeah, PSU could win out and go to the national champ. game. But if 'Bama wins out, no matter how few style points the get in accumulating the "W"'s, bottom line is they win the SEC championship game undefeated? They're playing for the trophy next January.

Bama will not be undefeated at the end of the year. They will have to play Florida in the SECCG. It was very evident Saturday night that Alabama and Tennessee were very comparable as far as talent and speed. Coaching and discipline was the difference.

Tennessee was not in the same class with Florida when it came to talent or speed. Alabama will try to out physical Florida, but they will not have the talent to compete. And forget the speed. Alabama is not even close.

They'll end up playing Florida or Georgia in the SEC championship though and that will be enough to keep em ahead of Penn State, who is really the team that hasn't played anyone all year. They needed a fumble by a frosh QB to beat a so-so OSU team and no one left on their schedule is better than LSU.

They'll end up playing Florida or Georgia in the SEC championship though and that will be enough to keep em ahead of Penn State, who is really the team that hasn't played anyone all year. They needed a fumble by a frosh QB to beat a so-so OSU team and no one left on their schedule is better than LSU.

Are you kidding me? Terrelle Pryor is not a ordinary frosh QB, and yeah, OSU is a so-so team thats in the top 15, SURE!!! :crazy:

I'm sure after the SEC has won the last two BCS Championships that an undefeated SEC Champion would be denied.

Alabama will not play in the NC game because they'll get beat by Florida in the SECCG

You can't possibly want a bafoon Urban Myer winning the SEC with his team that makes you "gag" lol. I am sorry, but I hope Georgia kills them again this year like last year.

Are you kidding me? Terrelle Pryor is not a ordinary frosh QB, and yeah, OSU is a so-so team thats in the top 15, SURE!!! :crazy:

He's not ordinary but he's a freshman who made a big mistake at a critical time. OSU looked less than so-so against USC. They've only looked good for one game this season. I've been to all the damn games, I think I'd know what I'm talking about.

You're missing my whole point anyway, freshman or not, Pryor doesn't fumble at that time, PSU probably doesn't win.

You can't possibly want a bafoon Urban Myer winning the SEC with his team that makes you "gag" lol. I am sorry, but I hope Georgia kills them again this year like last year.

I'm not pulling for Florida, just saying what I think will happen.

Living in Bama has been tough this week nontheless. My only arguement has been Bama hasn't beaten anyone. I decided to finally research it and I am glad I did. I can't believe no one on espn has mentioned this.

Combined record of all 12 Bama opponents thus far

3-4, Clemson
2-6, WKU
3-5, Arkansas
7-1, Georgia
2-5, Tulane
5-3, Kentucky
4-4, Ole Miss
3-5, Tennessee
4-3, Arkansas State
5-2, LSU
3-5, Miss State
4-4, Auburn

=45-47

Only 4 are better than .500

And it will only get worse as MSU and AU continue to struggle.

+3 biggest rivals are seriously down this year. UT and AU will be around 500.
Last 3 QB's at LSU have won a NC or been the #1 pick in NFL draft.

Beat us while we are all down. Next year Bama will have the freshman QB and O line.

This is all well and good but they did go into the preseason number 1's house and stomp them into the ground. Do I need to mention to you how UGA looked in Baton Rouge? If Alabama beats UGA and LSU their house and beats UGA again or FL it would be travesty if they are left out.

I'm with erob. I have accepted being inferior to UF for a long time and would rather LSU or UF win another one before UGA or Bama gets another one.

An undefeated Bama getting left out would be wrong from an SEC standpoint, but it couldn't happen to a better team in my opinion. Like Lou Holtz said, "lightening may strike twice in the state of alabama."

When I get some free time I will figure up 2004 Auburn, 2006 UF, and 2007 LSU. I'm almost certain the SEC is down compared to those 3 years. I hope UF stomps a mudhole in Bama in SECCG.

A top 15 team that has been dismantled by the best team they have played all year, and then lost to the second best team they have played.

yeah, but bama would beat UF or UGA the week before the championship game's announced, that would give them a much bigger push up to 2 than Penn St.'s 1-2 bye weeks

Remind me again who PSU plays? The Big 10 is not as good top to bottom as the SEC. Hell, UT would be winning the Big 10 on a regular basis.

Bama wouldnt get left out though. Assuming both win out, PSU is going to suffer from the same thing that hurt that 06 michigan team more than anything else: not playing the last 2 weeks. PSU's last game is Nov. 21 against Michigan State; Bama, though off that week, still plays both auburn then followed by UGA/UF on Dec 6.

College football polls have very short term memory, so PSU not playing for two weeks is almost the same to them as a loss; all bama would have to do in their sec championship game is simply not win a controversial ending and they'll be in. It will happen with Penn st: (regardless of who you played) unless you're number 1, not playing for two whole weeks at the end of the season is going to hurt you with the pollsters

Last edited:

VN Store

Back