The Rock

UTVOLFAN

For any Knoxville people....me and some friends are painting The Rock on campus tommorrow night(if you live here you know what that is)...also if you know me, its gonna be some crazy UT stuff on there..come by and check it out around midnight or saturday morning..

just some info..

We need pics!!!!!

I love the rock.

:lolup:

hey I know what are you talking about. what you thinking about putting on there

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 31, 2005 10:13 PM
We need pics!!!!!

I love the rock.

Since i'm a photographer for the paper here, im gonna get it on on Monday....

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN+Mar 31, 2005 10:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UTVOLFAN @ Mar 31, 2005 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 31, 2005 10:13 PM
We need pics&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I love the rock.

Since i&#39;m a photographer for the paper here, im gonna get it on on Monday.... [/quote]
Cool.

Photographer for what the Beacon?

when they were building and paving the streets around that area on campus my dad was in charge of the road construction they had 3 guys tryin to figure out how to get rid of the ROCK. my dad and another guy decided it would be cool to just leave it cause it was gonna be such a huge hole to fill if they removed it evidently most of it is below the surface
So they got together with the administration and asked if it would be ok to just leave it as a landmark on campus. Dad said it wasnt long till students started writing messages on it and each year it got painted more and more

the rest is campus history

The rock is awesome. I always check when I&#39;m there to see what is on it as I go over to my old frat house (Soon to be a new one). :rocks:

Originally posted by surrealvol@Apr 1, 2005 9:24 AM
The rock is awesome. I always check when I&#39;m there to see what is on it as I go over to my old frat house (Soon to be a new one). :rocks:

Yeah, I used to walk by it every morning on the way to class. It&#39;s amazing how much paint is stuck to that rock. Surreal, what house are they rebuiling?

I remember when "ESPN Sucks" was painted on the rock. I don&#39;t remember why, but the truth needs no validation.

:p

I&#39;ll have to come by and check that out tonight-i&#39;m going to the car show so i&#39;l be in the area

Originally posted by crazyguy@Apr 1, 2005 2:20 PM
I&#39;ll have to come by and check that out tonight-i&#39;m going to the car show so i&#39;l be in the area

Well, we will probably be starting around midnight...

VN Store

Back