The season starts NEXT week

gasguy98

Ih8themaroonwave
I am very happy to get win 800 in program history and win 1 for Butch. However, AP was not a test in the slightest for team 117 as they had no business being on SW field. Western Kentucky will pose a legit challenge for the boys in Orange. If the staff and players don't take these guys seriously it could be a long day.

Reactions: 1 person
Bobby's the most accomplished coach we'll see untl Richt comes to town. Best not take him too lightly.

WK will score.....Petrino could get 400 yds of offense out of a sack of dirt. But his teams traditionally don't play good D. We better pound the ball and keep the WK offense off the field as much as possible imo.

Somebody should buy Petrino a motorcycle and get a hot chick to ride on it with him.

Never thought I would see the day that WK would be a test but there's a first time for everything. If Butch has this team fully prepared, which I'm fully confident that he will, the Vols should win by 2 TD's. For those that didn't watch The Butch Jones Show this morning, he stated that he and his staff was taking WK very seriously. If Dooley was still the coach, then there would be good reason to be concerned. Would probably already be counting this as a loss and begging for Hart to fire Dooley once and for all. :twocents:

Yes...AP was probably the worst team the Vols have ever played....period! I was really hoping they'd use that game to help bring along the young WR/QB, but they completely called off the dogs at half time. I love Butch, but I think that was a mistake. You use these games to grow in areas that are weak. People shouldn't play the "class" card because teams like AP know it's going to get ugly....but they're getting paid big for taking the game. I'm just really worried about our passing game when we start lining up with the big boys. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back