The Sounds Of Spring...

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
I know its awhile until UT Football :(.....but you have to admit the sound of thunder here in Tennessee makes it sound closer.....Spring Practice is just around the corner guys and gals....and here's an idea....I know I am going to the Orange and White game....and was wondering if we could call the Volnation together so some of us could meet up at the game and talk some football.....let me know what you guys and gals think.....

Tell me about it i can't hardly wait for some kind of Tennessee Football!!!

Originally posted by g8terh8ter_eric@Feb 20, 2005 9:04 PM
I know its awhile until UT Football :(.....but you have to admit the sound of thunder here in Tennessee makes it sound closer.....Spring Practice is just around the corner guys and gals....and here's an idea....I know I am going to the Orange and White game....and was wondering if we could call the Volnation together so some of us could meet up at the game and talk some football.....let me know what you guys and gals think.....

sounds great.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 20, 2005 9:41 PM
Whens the Orange and White game? Somebody will have to send me a copy, if it's aired.

You mean to tell me that you wouldn't road trip from Oregon to see a spring scrimmage. :shakehead:

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 20, 2005 10:17 PM
I'm a Taylor Made guy myself. Callaway irons though.

I have Calloway irons!! :good: They are older though I have probably had them for 5 or 6 years.

I just got a set of X-16 Pros a couple of months ago. I absolutely love them.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 20, 2005 10:20 PM
I just got a set of X-16 Pros a couple of months ago. I absolutely love them.

Sweet. I just signed up for a best ball tournament for work in April. It's just around the corner.

The Vols host the edAmerica Orange and White game Saturday, April 16, at 3 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children.

I have Taylor Made irons, but Callaway wedges. I use this old beat down putter that is probably one step above what you'd find at a mini golf course... But, I have the feel of it figured out and it has served me well. Whatever works, right?

I seriously need some new woods.

I use an old origianl set of Bertha S2H2 irons and sand wedge. Not the most forgiving irons for "avid" golfers, but they're solid. And I have got as low as 82 on a 142 slope rated course. (But, I palyed 4-5 times a week then. amazing how a wife and child rearranges the golf budget.) Original Bertha 3 wood, and a bertha 5 wood. Drivers are a little tougher (I have 2) since I'm very inconsistent with them and can hit my 3 wood as far and a lot straighter. As long as I'm still able to get 230-260 out of my 3 wood down the pipe, I see no need for a driver that goes 210 on a 30 degree from center hook or fade. All the gurus I played with that were players only distanced me about 15 yards on average with their $500 titanium beasts, so I figured unless I could get the swing art of a driver firmly implanted in my muscle memory, that was a waste for me. You can find great used deals from trade ins from people that actually think the club will make them play better. If I got a new set- Bertha Hawkeye titanium irons. Keep my old woods.

I, too, have some "older" Callaway irons. X-12's? Very forgiving -- if you don't shoot in the low 70's, you have no business playing blades these days. Not too fond of the wedges -- I like the Clevelands or Titlest Vokeys. Most recently I picked up a Nike CPR "Iron-Wood," and let me tell you, it's a great invention. Unless you can hit a 1- or 2- iron, check out one of these hybrid/rescue-style clubs.

Oh, DSG, what's that a picture of? I'm pretty familiar with bodies of water in the South, but I don't remember hitting any balls into that one!

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Feb 21, 2005 1:27 PM
I'm pretty familiar with bodies of water in the South, but I don't remember hitting any balls into that one!

That's because if you did you would probably be arrested for trespassing. That's the 12th at Augusta National.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Feb 21, 2005 1:19 PM
All this golf-talk bores me.

:snoring:

Good - That's one less woman I have to worry about showing up to play in the group in front of me.

hmmmm.....we all could meet up after the game at the local Texas Roadhouse....good food and football....what a combo :D :beer: :beer:

VN Store

Back